Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really blame anyone other than Howard for that. Even Lukaku was the vital cog in two Everton goals, a fact that should always been enough to secure three points against the bottom placed team.

They had three good chances, all from awful Howard errors. He kicked poorly and then gave away two goals. Put a competent keeper in goal and that's a comfortable and stabalising home win. No question.

We need a win...don't we always? but if we do and we should, IF ( big if ) the Foxes have read the script we get to be 8pts. clear of those on 22 and less = no pressure, well a lot less pressure.
Trouble is, these teams have a habit of leaving the scripts we send them ( unlike the chocolate eating cookoo clock makers ) still in the envelope on the doormat when they set off for L4
Hopefully we be bringing the full William Tell 4 goal overture version... not the jarg el cheapo 2 blade swiss army knife to this gunfight

Hiyo Silver Awaaaay

Vaults self;
jarg el cheapo 2 blade swiss army knife to this gunfight

Why do these teams never read the scripts we send them

Or does the blame and thus the buck stop with Martinez?

it reallys pisses me off that the whole of the ground (or most of) can see what is missing? what is needed!!
Martinez obviously cant see it, as he plays the same tactics every game. what with barkley naismith playing on the left? although neither actually do.
when baines gets the ball his only option is inside to jags or besic otherwise its a punt upfield hoping naismith or lukaku can get hold of it while neither could trap a bag of cement

there is no urgency in the side. the likes of barkley need to take more responsibility, id expect someone to push a pass through carry on a run play the one two!! do something !!!!

argh... its so boring to watch roberto honestly.

This pressure from two fronts will be valuable experience for us.

We're not poo. We're stomach ache that hasnt materialized into poo yet.

But we'll heal and peak just in time for European glory.

We are poo mate. I don't like admitting it. But we really are. For a fair few reasons though.

I can't really blame anyone other than Howard for that. Even Lukaku was the vital cog in two Everton goals, a fact that should always been enough to secure three points against the bottom placed team.

They had three good chances, all from awful Howard errors. He kicked poorly and then gave away two goals. Put a competent keeper in goal and that's a comfortable and stabalising home win. No question.

Is the correct answer.
Our all round play was poor in the first half but we were much, much better in the second half but thats being ignored because of Tim Howard handing Leicester two goals.
I said in the Lukaku thread, you shouldn't need to score 3 goals at home against bottom of the League to win the game. Joel or anybody else in goal today and we win that quite easily.

TBH I'm also not too arsed....we're not going to get relegated and it's too late to achieve anything in the league. Sure, it would be nice to go into next season on a decent run to show some signs of progression, but if last season's anything to go off how you finish the season has zero indication of how good a team you'll be the following season.

It's all about the Europa League now.
It's important to remember this. The league is over. I wasn't even that upset or caring that much during the game. We've had a hard start to the 2nd half of the season and we're still 6 points and GD above the drop. It's all about Europa at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back