Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were counter attacks mate. Take a look at the stats in terms of possession for periods of that first half. They were ridiculous.

I don't have to look at stats, Dave.

Especially not "possession" stats which come about mainly due to tedious passages of play when the ball is passed along the back line ten or eleven times.....it is this obsession with "possession" which is stifling us and boring the matchgoing fans to distraction.

I was sat in the Bullens watching it and I know what I saw.

Granted we did most of the attacking but that was because they were pushed back when we did try to play proper football.

They did not set up like Hull, Stoke and Baggies did.

In fact, I would be willing to bet a sporting quid Leicester had more shots on our goal in the first half than those three mustered between them in all three games combined.

I don't have to look at stats, Dave.

Especially not "possession" stats which come about mainly due to tedious passages of play when the ball is passed along the back line ten or eleven times.....it is this obsession with "possession" which is stifling us and boring the matchgoing fans to distraction.

I was sat in the Bullens watching it and I know what I saw.

Granted we did most of the attacking but that was because they were pushed back when we did try to play proper football.

They did not set up like Hull, Stoke and Baggies did.

In fact, I would be willing to bet a sporting quid Leicester had more shots on our goal in the first half than those three mustered between them in all three games combined.
I'd agree. And I don't know why other visiting teams are so negative because we're so easy to attack. Every time we lost possession on Sunday we allowed the opposition to set something up at the other end. Our organisation is very poor. And as for winning the second ball......

Its been like that all season mate, I can understand it now, but as I say, its been the same since August, well probably the last few years if im honest.

No singing, only whine, whine, whine, for 90minutes, I dont get it personally.

Pretty ridiculous isn't it. Like I say I can understand negativity but a few near me were slagging off pretty much every player and the manager from the first minute. Give them sodding chance! Can't help the team at all. I know to a certain extent the players have to inspire the fans and I know it tends to be fairly quiet especially against bang average dross like Leicester, but yesterday just seemed like endless negativity.

The booing of the sub in particular was just so cringeworthy. And in a moment (to use Roberto's word) where we should have been roaring them on and instead we're booing an actually quite positive sub. Utter madness.

Pretty ridiculous isn't it. Like I say I can understand negativity but a few near me were slagging off pretty much every player and the manager from the first minute. Give them sodding chance! Can't help the team at all. I know to a certain extent the players have to inspire the fans and I know it tends to be fairly quiet especially against bang average dross like Leicester, but yesterday just seemed like endless negativity.

The booing of the sub in particular was just so cringeworthy. And in a moment (to use Roberto's word) where we should have been roaring them on and instead we're booing an actually quite positive sub. Utter madness.

Its honestly taking away some of the fun of going the game for me.

When RM was at Wigan the play revolved around Sean Moloney who played in the no. 10 position. He was the creative playmaker and the style of football favoured by RM needs a player in that mould.
At present we don't have such a player and consequently our build up play looks slow laboured and predictable. We just didn't have any creativity , we had loads of possession but were just shuffling the ball around in front of the defence.

The arrival of Gibson and Atsu changed that and we looked far better when they came on. Unfortunately our defensive confidence was completely lost after the goals we conceded.

In the summer, I think our priority will be to fill creative midfielder role.

In Bob's final year when they made their run at the end of the season it was Kone's play that really made the attack go. Maloney was excellent that they but he doesn't get near the box without Kone's distrubution and goal scoring threat.

It seems as tho hes a great manager when things are going right, his positivity shines through and the players feed off it.

But sadly, when the chips are down and his back is against the wall, hes found lacking. Hes perfectly fine with Plan A, but lacks a Plan B.

With a small squad of modest players, Martinez had his back against the wall most of the time he was at Wigan. In the Cup Final, he faced the wealth of Manchester City with half of his first team out with injuries. And yet he cobbled together a team that put in a terrific performance and won.

He's recently shown that he can produce both good defensive and good attacking performances. And against Liverpool he changed his formation during the game to look for a winning goal. Bizarrely, fans mistook this as a defensive move! Perhaps he should bring the fans in for extra training.

God that's a depressing thought.

What if the booing means he starts hating us the way Moyes did and doing stuff like resting players for a merseyside derby?

I couldn't cope with a second manager in a row who despised this club.

With a small squad of modest players, Martinez had his back against the wall most of the time he was at Wigan. In the Cup Final, he faced the wealth of Manchester City with half of his first team out with injuries. And yet he cobbled together a team that put in a terrific performance and won.

He's recently shown that he can produce both good defensive and good attacking performances. And against Liverpool he changed his formation during the game to look for a winning goal. Bizarrely, fans mistook this as a defensive move! Perhaps he should bring the fans in for extra training.

Do you think if he'd made that change at around 75 minutes and not 89 minutes, that we might have even won the game?

God that's a depressing thought.

What if the booing means he starts hating us the way Moyes did and doing stuff like resting players for a merseyside derby?

I couldn't cope with a second manager in a row who despised this club.

I think he already does, hence why he does absolutely everything to go against what the fans want

You want me to play with 2 wingers? Nah I'm just gonna stick Naismith on the left. [Poor language removed] you all

You want Gareth Barry dropped? Nah he's gonna play every minute of every game. [Poor language removed] you all

You want Robles to be rewarded for his fine displays by keeping his place in goal? Nah I'm going to drop him as soon as the Yank clown is back fit. [Poor language removed] you all

You want Luke Garbutt to be given a chance to build on his so far promising displays? Nah I'm gonna play Tony Hibbert instead. [Poor language removed] you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back