Match Thread Everton V Liverpool 19th December 2016

Will we do this for the first time since Moyes was here?

• Yes

Votes: 238 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 200 41.3%
  • 72 points

Votes: 46 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...fine effort but we really do lack quality in the top third. Their keeper has hardly had a touch because we haven't got players who can create and/or score goals from nothing. Origi has had the best chance and they are starting to threaten, we'll struggle to keep up that tempo but it might just suit if they push on a little.

I fear McCarthy's game is over which would be a shame because he's got under their skin. That persistent hamstring will be an issue his whole career I fear.

Just energy and no quality. Juat running around trying to close them down but no quality whatsover.

I can see Barkley being a bouncer in soho in a few years time. For an AM his vision is utterly poor. Same goes for Lukaku - the players he attributes himself with are good at link up play and they create chances as much as they score.

I think the shouts against Valencia are a little unfair. He's running his nads off, putting them under loads of pressure, and genuinely trying to get himself involved as much as possible. No denying the control is lacking at times, which is a shame, but at least he's not wandering around doing nothing.

We play an awful brand of football these days, also, can someone tell me what Valencia is offering? Such a terrible football player.

Don't mistake an awful brand of football for not having the players to unlock a defence.

With that starting XI that performance/brand of football is very much best case scenario.

Good half, without creating a clear cut chance. Hard to see them not turning it round in the second half unfortunately, we could've done with scoring in that opening 20. No final ball as usual.

Just energy and no quality. Juat running around trying to close them down but no quality whatsover.

I can see Barkley being a bouncer in soho in a few years time. For an AM his vision is utterly poor. Same goes for Lukaku - the players he attributes himself with are good at link up play and they create chances as much as they score.
Just imagine a Mata or a Sanchez in the middle there.

Neither side created much. We have them a little rattled but we do need to keep up the energy levels. Coleman having a blinder here and we need to keep knocking crosses into the box with maybe 1 or 2 more bodies in there. Tense game just hope we can keep hassling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back