Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what timeframe you use.

Theres a debate about the precise makeup of the top 6 but there’s no debate that we’re not part of it.

We haven’t been up there for seven years, meanwhile Arsenal, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and City have been in the top 6 the vast majority of the last decade with Leicester interrupting.

Just dont want the good start and run to end. It will at some point. But id rather it be a burnley or southampton than that lot.

Personally think we showed a change in mentality the first game against Spurs,but also agree a win against this lot would be huge.

We played really well, but Spurs aren't a top top team....today's game is a big game occasion (albeit without the factor of the stadium packed with fans)...we've beaten the top teams at goodison over the years, but derby wins are too rare....
It's also winning now that we're top of the league, can we handle the added pressure of continuing this winning start...

In work till 12 so Iv got my bird to pause it as it kicks off incase I miss the start. Do I record it to or am I just tempting fate?

Honestly can’t believe how many people are confident going into this. It’s like you never learn.

Agreed, been burned too many times...last time I went into a derby was the cup semi final when we were in great form...1 up at half time, and we still bottled it...I hate this game ever since..

Sky pre game coverage this morning now referring to us as outside the ‘established’ top six. Their innovation with the language and history of football never ceases to amaze.
Just keep winning blues!
The' top six' is a myth. They've only comprised the top six five times this century and probably not at all last century.

Everton have been in it plenty of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.