Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We played really well, but Spurs aren't a top top team....today's game is a big game occasion (albeit without the factor of the stadium packed with fans)...we've beaten the top teams at goodison over the years, but derby wins are too rare....
It's also winning now that we're top of the league, can we handle the added pressure of continuing this winning start...
I agree with this but a draw isn't a bad result I dont think. I'm nervous but excited as well so its going to be interesting to say the least. A win or a draw keeps us top and keeps the form going a loss is bad as we have to go to work on Monday with RS supporters and listening to them drone on. Although even if we lose (which the wider footballing community expects) we have proven we can put a run together and I would expect don carlo to rally the troops and give our next opponents a beat down

It's easy to expect a loss, why shouldn't we? Its a good way to protect ourselves from huge disappointment.

But

What if we drop that attitude, knowing full well there may be pain down that road, let's ride it into battle wanting and believing we will WIN! I'm more than happy seeing the blues trying and failing than seeing us reduced to damage control. EF that. EF them

We are winning TODAY

Have a feeling today, that we will get a early injury or red card that will turn the game in their favour. The luck of the rs when they need it

Or a penalty with that diving tit Salah getting his 100th goal.

We have to be absolutely on it today both defensively and mentally. If we can defend like lions and have the mentality to not give the officials the excuse to hand them an advantage then thats 80% of the battle won as we WILL get chances to score we just have to ensure we take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.