Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already informed all kopites that I'll be not only switching off all forms of communication, I'll be switching off the lights too. Might just unplug the fuse box and get under the covers on Wednesday evening. I know the vultures are swarming around the manager, but for years we've accumulated a constant stream of players with absolutely no appetite for getting stuck in. This games used to be a stomach churner of nerves, but now I feel nothing.

Sod it. Ring up a couple of minutes before Kick off and tell them the bus broke down (yes I know). Default on the game. I'd take the mandatory 3-0 loss right now. At least it wouldn't screw our goal difference as badly as playing the game would.

The real problem is you can't even just tell them to go out and kick them and win the physical battle.

With a minority in exception these players have no heart and no character.

Even if you go to watch a player a hundred times surely you have to meet them, speak to people who know them, assess their strength of character. Our recruitment is the worst in the league.

I presume he's going to start Rondon so the starting XI will prob be

....................Pickford
Coleman, Keane, Godfrey, Digne
.............Allan, Doucoure
Townsend.........................Gray
....................Richarlison
................Rondon

Or he'll drop Rondon, Push Richie up top and play Iwobi at 10.

Either way, liverpools front 3 or 4 will make swiss cheese of that back line.
I wonder if something like this might work better

........................Pickford
............Holgate, Keane, Godfrey
Townsend........Allan, Delph......Digne
..........................Doucoure
....................Richarlison, Gray

Obviously it's defensive with the wing backs falling back to make a back 5 and plonking Delph in front of them but with doucoure, Gray, and Richie, there's some pace for a counter attack or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.