Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think we should drop Gana for this one?
Garner and Onana were a force in the midfield tonight and with Doucs likely to come back in, in favour of 4 at the back I think it might be worth testing the future out again
I was thinking the same thing about the Garner and Onana combination.
We looked fluid and comfortable in possession.
Nice to have options in midfield and upfront for a change with Harrison McNeil, Danjuma, Beto and DCL.
Feels like I have, finally, woken up from the nightmare of the lone Maupay upfront

Luton are far better than some in the media are suggesting.

Bring back Young at right back, keep Garner and Onana. Along with Dwight and DCL there's an attacking threat. Not sure where or if Harrison can fit into a starting X1 yet.

GK Pickford
RB Patterson
CB Tarkowski
CB Branthwaite
LB Young (if Mykolenko injured)
RW Harrison
CM Garner
CM Onana
LW Mcneil
AM Doucoure
ST DCL

That would be my starting 11, though I'd be very tempted to start Beto in this one and bring DCL on around the hour mark.

Either way, that side above has aggression and willing runners and I think will have too much for Luton

Everton 4-0 Luton

I would like to see

Pickford

Patterson
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Branthwaite

Onana
Garner
Doucoure

Harrison
DCL
McNeil

I understand the need to rotate and given that Harrison has just come back from injury and DCL played back to back games it might be a bit much he starts back to back within 3 days having played three games in a week so if Danjuma and Beto start in their places then fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back