Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How quickly these match threads spring up once we’ve got a couple of wins under our belt.

Should smash these, but it’s a home game against a crap team looking for their first win, and Barkley. If ever we were looking for a potential Evertoning, this seems like a prime opportunity.

It’ll either be a pretty dominant 5-2 (we hate a clean sheet) or it’ll be one of them where they go 2-0 up from a corner and some kind of defensive calamity, we pull one back before HT and are generally in the ascendancy and then we get our pants pulled down on the counter in the second half, for the 1-3 coup de grace.

Got to play the 3-4-3 that debuted last night for me. Looked like the additional protection at the back gave us the ability to press a bit higher, we intercepted and won the ball back more, and we seemed to have the beating of any of the Villa midfielders with our box midfield. It allowed Patterson to get forward a bit more and Young when he came on, too.

Combining that with the fact Luton have played two up-front primarily this season, playing the back three gives us a man extra in defense, and probably allows Jarrod Branthwaite and Tarks to step forward a little bit more in possession, which is good too. Only downside is that Keane will have to play as CB3, but every silver lining has a cloud. Here’s what I would go with;

Pickford; Keane, Tarkowski, Branthwaite; Young/Myko, Onana, Garner, Patterson; McNeil, Doucoure; DCL

Pickford

Patterson/young
Tarks
Branthwaite
mykelonko/young

Harrison
Garner
Doucoure
Onana
Mcneill

Dcl

Subs:
Virgina
Keane
Godfrey
Gana
Danjuma
Beto
Chermitti
Young/patterson/mykelenko
Dobbin

Pickford

Young Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko

Garner Onana

Harrison Doucoure McNeil

DCL

Drop Gana for me in this, go for it, Garner & Onana looked like a really good pairing on the ball.

Theres a case for patterson to come back in, but because of the performance against Brentford id leave the 4 as is.

Pickford; Keane, Tarkowski, Branthwaite; Young/Myko, Onana, Garner, Patterson; McNeil, Doucoure; DCL
What the f is this?
This wouldn't ge the same formation as yesterday because you have replaced a winger with a cm.

5 defenders, 3cms 1 wide player and 1 striker against a terrible side at home? Absolutely not

Pickford

Young Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko

Garner Onana

Harrison Doucoure McNeil

DCL

Drop Gana for me in this, go for it, Garner & Onana looked like a really good pairing on the ball.

Theres a case for patterson to come back in, but because of the performance against Brentford id leave the 4 as is.
Team should pick itself as above after last night. Lets see though. Hel shoehorn Gana in somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back