Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ever there was a must win game this is it. I think we will win this one but I suspect it won’t be easy and we will just scrape home by the odd goal. At the end of the day three points is all that matters given our current league position

I was a bit critical of dyche’s team selection last night as I hate us playing a back 3 and thought was unnecessary to shoehorn Keane back into the team. But he got it spot on in the end as the formation worked and Keane actually played well.
I’d be tempted to keep the same team as they all played well but can see McNeil, doucoure and Young back in and possibly Beto for DCL.

Actually injured I think. Wasn't in their last two squads and apparently has a hamstring strain.
That’s genuinely great news. I posted about my terrible luck with recent times I’ve got to Goodison and seeing Josh King net a hat trick against us after failing to score his whole loan spell was the lowest of the low so I was sure Barkley coming back would be big trouble

That’s genuinely great news. I posted about my terrible luck with recent times I’ve got to Goodison and seeing Josh King net a hat trick against us after failing to score his whole loan spell was the lowest of the low so I was sure Barkley coming back would be big trouble
You would hope he wouldn't fancy it so is not in a rush to get over the hamstring.

Certain players you just know will score against us. What odds for Iwobi and Maupay?

Would obviously love us to do the business and win this one, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. COYB! The Spirit Of The Wooos!

07 EVELUT.png

Blackpool 1989. How things change yet remain the same. Here we have one die-hard Everton fan (me, 2nd left) and four Luton Town fans. Everton finished 6th in the 1989-90 (old) 1st Division and Luton just escaped relegation - as they did the following season until getting relegated the season after that - not returning until promotion last season.

I don't expect it to end Everton 1-4 Luton but it's ironic I came across this photo this morning.

As for the photo, there weren't so many smiles ten minutes later as we hurtled around The Big One!

IMG-20230530-WA0003~2.jpg

Last edited:
After the last two performances there's reason to be optimistic. I'd happily forgo a good performance and just take three wholly undeserved points though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.