Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am going down the ground in the morning hoping to get a ticket when they go on general sale .
Personally I think they should suspend online sales when they go on general sale at the box office opening times, to save people having wasted journeys and queuing up in the cold only to miss out to some bell in Somerset online who wants a ticket to tie himself to the goalposts.
Honestly don’t understand this. You’ve clearly got access to the internet. Not everyone is free during box office opening hours due to work/child care/travel issues etc.

I am going down the ground in the morning hoping to get a ticket when they go on general sale .
Personally I think they should suspend online sales when they go on general sale at the box office opening times, to save people having wasted journeys and queuing up in the cold only to miss out to some bell in Somerset online who wants a ticket to tie himself to the goalposts.
That would never happen from a business point of view...the more purchasing options the better for the vendors. Years ago we always queued for ages... derbies, big cup games. We thought it was worth it even if they'd all gone by the time we got to the front...and with the risk of having gone sick at school to get there often.

There's only one team in the history of world football who could hope to pull off such an audacious move as to lose twice to this Luton side at home in one season.

COYB

Indeed.

In 1974/75 we lost the First Division title by losing home and away to newly promoted Carlilse United.

They were relegated that same season.

It remains the one and only season they have ever played in the top flight of English football.

How Everton that is that.