EVERTON v MAN CITY date in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Everton.

*Please note that this is subject to Manchester City’s participation in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday 16 May 2023. Further information will be communicated should the fixture be moved.
Doesn't that just mean it could revert back to the day before if they did get through...which they did?

Ask Everton.

*Please note that this is subject to Manchester City’s participation in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday 16 May 2023. Further information will be communicated should the fixture be moved.

Why can’t we just move it back a day to the Saturday?

If City face a CL SF 2nd leg on 16th April then the 14th becomes too close.

I suspect their game v Leeds takes place a day earlier on April 6th to give them 3 days until the SF 1st leg and they play us on the 13th April three days before the 2nd leg.

There's scope for them to bring both games forward one day.

It could be switched to a 12.30 KO on Saturday 13th April. That'd be bad for us. We need that to be later in the day.

Rather that than an early Saturday start with no atmosphere to get at City.
If it's switched it'll be because they play on the Tuesday after, which means they'll play on the Wednesday before, so it won't be Friday. It'll probably be 5.30 on Saturday (if slot is available). Either way, they could have waited until next Wednesday to re-arrange a game that they might have to re-arrange again.

If it's switched it'll be because they play on the Tuesday after, which means they'll play on the Wednesday before, so it won't be Friday. It'll probably be 5.30 on Saturday (if slot is available). Either way, they could have waited until next Wednesday to re-arrange a game that they might have to re-arrange again.
It's a mess...but it's their mess to live with.

I've seen countless times CL semi finalists playing domestic matches 3 days before.

We didn't ask them to get through. The fixture had been changed once already. I accept they'll need more than 2 days to prepare, but I think what you suggest - late Saturday KO - is perfectly reasonable.

There can be no attempt to shift this fixture toward the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.