Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I honestly don't mind playing the "top 6" sides. We actually step it up most of the time. Beaten Arsenal, got a point from Spurs, Chelsea and United and only lost to City away and them lot. So I go into this with little expectation. If we lose, it was a likely result and if we get something it's a bonus. At Goodison under the lights though - what we won't compromise on is fight and commitment. If these money mules are gonna get something from this game they have to leave with battle scars. I think they'll be goals in this. 2-2. UTFT

Also. Been crying out to play 4-3-3 and I'll keep crying till we do. Here's how I think we should start. Can see Doucs starting on the bench though from how Lamps was talking in the presser yesterday.

LINEUP111645859989059.png

Lastly none of this being torn about getting a result tonight as it could help them lot. Our progress takes priority over everything!

Would absolutely snap your hand off for a point. Need to play brilliantly and get lucky to get anything out of this. Got to play 4-3-3, long balls, counter attack the hell out of them with pace.

We've got to get behind them like the Leeds game, only this time they'res a good chance we could go one or two down, can't afford to get on their backs or we will completely collapse with some of these players.

Go long every chance we get. From goal kicks to free kicks. Need to make it hard and scrappy. Win second balls. Be in there face. If we sit back or try to play out from the back we will be picked off.
Hmm now let me think ... when was the last time we won a second ball ?

I`d like to see us go with a 4-3-3 with a number 6 and 2 number 8s. Defending it would be a 4-1-4-1 and attacking it would be more like a 4-3-3 with the 2 8s playing box to box. This is what City do, De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva are 10s really but the play in the 8 with Rodri or Fernando behind them. Playing a 6 will give much needed support to a shakey back line.

My line up would be :-

Pickford

Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko

Allan
Doucoure Van De Beek

Gordon Calvert-Lewin Richarlison
Cant see us getting anything and praying results go our way, there is always hope but thats what kills you isnt it. Hopefully we aren`t in the bottom 3 after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.