Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A close second to the RS as my most despised club these beauts. Plenty of gobshite followers as well. Barely used to half fill the away end at Goodison before the takeover except for the odd cup tie or the time they turned up to give Kendall loads when we played them not long after he left them for us.

Light years ahead of us in every aspect though and a terrible time to play them after their loss last week. If we keep it to a 2 goal or less defeat then we'll have done quite well.

A “close second”?

No team comes anywhere close to the RS in terms if despicability.

And I for one am grateful that Cuty are what they are right now.

Imagine how dominant the RS would if City were still a two bob, yo yo club.

As much as I despise the RS Saturday we need 3 points. But I don't have any hope the players
will wave the white flag by a quarter to six. Saturday against Southampton was just
appalling. I fully expect a routine win for Citeh.

This one just is what it is I guess. I would just be happy to see the team stick to the game plan. Keep pressing keep trying to play football. If we lose so be it.

Miracle for 3 points but would possibly cry if we manage it

Optimist says 1-1, realist thinks 0-3

I hope Frank reverts to a 4-3-3 - we need an extra body in midfield against this lot, and think setting up this way helps us to play on the counter.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Doucoure Allan VDB
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Gray and Alli to be unleashed in the second half.

Not super concerned starting Doucoure, he can depart after 65/70, and get a full rest, as we won't need him to start against Boreham midweek.

I tell ye what last game of the season last season we had this fixture and needed a result against a city who was already on holiday to get Europe. We rolled over.

If we turn around and get a result here to help them. It'll be up there for one of the top Everton thats.

Status
Not open for further replies.