Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, can't wait for the match, and the latest instalment of the, 'Everton building for the future', project.

FMNqfFRXMAkBTd5

We all know what will probably transpire, but in the words of Martin Luther King, we hope the least that will happen is :

71pgCj215dL._AC_SL1136_.jpg

A win could be the making of Lampard, maybe even a draw. A heavy defeat and a limp, penile performance will only cast a pall, joining all the other palls, to prolong the misery.

Like the Spurs match, I'd happily accept a boring 0-0 draw.

*Wearily exclaims UTFT !
Limp penile it is then
But
This is Le Ev so who knows, city in what for them is 'poorish form' under a bit of pressure from the rs, GD gone.
I'll take a raucous well oiled, bearpit under lights 1 point thank you...all the while admitting it might be a case of pick a number on the goals against.
And when we win I'll say...always rated that - "Fill unlikely canditate(s) here"

I'm going to need a few trays of zanex from the chill boys in the relegation thread.

Honestly just rest our least crap players for this one because we shouldn't jeopardise the rest of our season and further injuries by forcing the least worst players in our squad to play 90 minutes in an embarrassing defeat here.

I reckon it'll be something along the lines of this:

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Kenny

Allan
- VdB

Gordon
------------------- Gray
-- DCL ---- Richarlison
I don't think Doucoure will be risked for this.. might make the bench but that's about it. Iwobi out, Gray in.

I, for one, can't wait for the match, and the latest instalment of the, 'Everton building for the future', project.

FMNqfFRXMAkBTd5

Thanks for the MLK inspiration. Needed that for my work & life, nothing to do with the blues :)
We all know what will probably transpire, but in the words of Martin Luther King, we hope the least that will happen is :

71pgCj215dL._AC_SL1136_.jpg

A win could be the making of Lampard, maybe even a draw. A heavy defeat and a limp, penile performance will only cast a pall, joining all the other palls, to prolong the misery.

Like the Spurs match, I'd happily accept a boring 0-0 draw.

*Wearily exclaims UTFT !

Liverpool could potentially be level with them by the weekend.

This will go 2 ways

Either they feel the pressure and struggle a bit which gives us half a chance of scraping something

Or

They come out all guns blazing and completely pummel is into next week
They can win every match that they play after saturday. We need points.
But considering that our bunch are flaky and fall to pieces at the first set back. And are mainly useless. Then your second prediction is the most likely. They pummel us into next week.
But here's hoping that we turn up. Give them a game. And get something out of this match. I'd take the draw right now.
As for liverpool. We can't lose just so Liverpool don't catch City. If City are all that we think that they are, they will beat Liverpool to the title. They will.beat Liverpool on merit.
I'm more worried now on what Newcastle......Leeds.....Burnley.....Watford.....Brentford.....all do.
Up The Toffees. Our staying up Toffees.

I reckon it'll be something along the lines of this:

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Kenny

Allan
- VdB

Gordon
------------------- Gray
-- DCL ---- Richarlison
I don't think Doucoure will be risked for this.. might make the bench but that's about it. Iwobi out, Gray in.

Is Gray now fit ?

Pep will have these lot well up for it - they know that any slip ups now and the pressure will really be on.

We should go back to a midfield three, 4-5-1 basically and defend until 65 mins, then put on Alli and Gray and hit em on the counter.

Picks
Coleman Keane Holdgate Mykolenko
Gordon DVDB Allan Doucz Richy
DCL​

That back four is honking. If we go down it will be down to them.

Why are the rags full of Lampards talking up Patterson - surely there is no way he pitches him into a bearpit Goodison under lights for a game against perhaps the best team in the world?
This one calls for
Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Doucoure/Townsend Allan VdB
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Doucoure if fit, Townsend if not
Grey and Alli from the bench if we are winning or losing in the second half in the hope of a brilliant goal.
Please god, no Gomes!

Status
Not open for further replies.