Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we win, logic tells me we are nowhere near enough and City’s strengths are our kryptonite. They’ll press mistakes from us and starve us of the ball. Hopefully we can muster enough intensity to knock them out their stride and get on top of them but I don’t trust this group of players to do it for 90 minutes. We switch off far too many times and have done in recent games against them. No doubt Jesus will grab a brace and then not be seen for the rest of the season.

We make GP a fortress from opening minute, go head to head for 1st 15mins see if we can survive.
If we score they could well start doubting themselves.
Other option is to put 10 behind the ball from 1st minute and hope and pray. And i honestly cant see us getting anything from this approach so better to go down on our sword.
A 4two defeat after at least taking it to them will leave us in a better place mentally than lying back and getting turned over 2/3 zip.
Whatever way we play we need 3 in the middle to have any chance.

I, for one, can't wait for the match, and the latest instalment of the, 'Everton building for the future', project.

FMNqfFRXMAkBTd5

We all know what will probably transpire, but in the words of Martin Luther King, we hope the least that will happen is :

71pgCj215dL._AC_SL1136_.jpg

A win could be the making of Lampard, maybe even a draw. A heavy defeat and a limp, penile performance will only cast a pall, joining all the other palls, to prolong the misery.

Like the Spurs match, I'd happily accept a boring 0-0 draw.

*Wearily exclaims UTFT !
Bet Martin Luther King never managed an Everton midfield if he actually said that.

Don't think their style suits us. Plus they very rarely lose 2 in a row. I'd be happy if we gave it a good go and lost by the odd goal in 5.

3-1 to the Toffees. Mancs were lucky to beat an Arsenal side (who we beat) in the last minute, lost against a Spurs side which we drew against and should have beaten at Goodison. The RS could be 3 points behind them by Wednesday night. Squeaky bum time for Pepsi. UTFT at 12/1!

They are absolutely boss at the best of times and they are going to be chomping at the bit after the Spurs result, only one outcome, hopefully we can defend resolutely and keep the score down enough that it doesn't do too much damage to our goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.