Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS, This should of been the game, taking into consideration, the points reduction and the support of the Goodison faithful, were every player became a mountain of a Man.

Sadly and expectedly they huffed and puffed and their individual skill level reflected the final result. Did they try Yes !! Could they deliver an unequivocal NO !!

A lad in the pub was putting a bet builder on, I told him to put Ashley Young down for a deffo yellow, when he asked why, I said cos he's nearly Kin 40, a yellow is nailed on!!! Just like it is every Kin game!!

People usually throw the baby out with the bath water, however these are the sensible points. We had our chances today, like with others, but we didn't take them.

Why we're so unable to score when playing at Goodison, well that's the question I am sure the coaching staff are pondering right now.
You could say in the past because of the negativity from the crowd, but not today. They were right behind the team, even when we went behind. Just poor finishing. You can blame the ref all you like (yes he made some bad decisions) but we were our own biggest enemy today.

A flattering scoreline with the same old story. We create chances then don't take them and yet another awful referree changes the game with a ridiculous decision. Martial pushes the ball too far ahead of him and Tarkowski is covering that all day long so he throws himself to the ground and then the lickspittle little dweeb gets the nod from his paymasters to change it.

The home form is poor and we have been unlucky to say the least but once we get Coleman and Onana back we will be stronger and hopefully the away form continues.

Let's put some perspective on this game.

1st goal: Scorer got in the right position; got off the ground perfectly; timed hitting the ball perfectly; and there it stops. He accidentally 'shinned' it. A pure fluke - he could try that another 10,000 times and get nowhere near putting the ball where it went tonight. A pure fluke, no matter how the media will play it up.
2nd goal: Young put his leg forward; Rashford goes into it and goes down like he's hit by a Russian sniper in the Battle of Stalingrad! The ref got it right first time. But hey, the guy in the VAR room couldn't wait to give them a pen. Sickening!
3rd goal: By then we were pushing up and desperately trying to get one back, and got caught out.

So consider the details of the first two goals, and don't be despondant. There's 25 games up for grabs, and there's plenty of team in the League who are going to crumble on a regular basis throughout the season.
1. Fluke .... sure. :eek:
2. It was Martial who was tripped. VAR got it 100% right.
3. Yup... 2-0 down and absolutely going to win the game until they got a third.

Other than that... good assessment. Keep the Blue flag flying high!

You could say in the past because of the negativity from the crowd, but not today. They were right behind the team, even when we went behind. Just poor finishing. You can blame the ref all you like (yes he made some bad decisions) but we were our own biggest enemy today.
I think for many home games this season, you'd find it difficult to say the fans exerted too much negative pressure on the players. The fans have been supportive.

Rightly or wrongly, you'll always get the (early or unjustified) moans and groans, still I wouldn't say it's been anywhere near the scale as perhaps previously.

Fulham, Wolves and now (maybe more) where we've wasted some very good chances.

Both halves we started we weren’t,“at it”I thought,first half following their goal it was generally a decent response,we could and should really have gone in ahead but for being truly wasteful,second half again,slow out of the blocks,the penalty truly killed us but we were in the main woeful,need a big response now at Forest.

FFS, This should of been the game, taking into consideration, the points reduction and the support of the Goodison faithful, were every player became a mountain of a Man.

Sadly and expectedly they huffed and puffed and their individual skill level reflected the final result. Did they try Yes !! Could they deliver an unequivocal NO !!

A lad in the pub was putting a bet builder on, I told him to put Ashley Young down for a deffo yellow, when he asked why, I said cos he's nearly Kin 40, a yellow is nailed on!!! Just like it is every Kin game!!
I backed him against Brighton , never came to getting booked. Typical.

Second half was absolutely rubbish

When we go behind we still lack fight and probably belief more than anything
I think we began to run out of ideas a little, after the chances we had in the 1st half and still didn’t manage to score, and then they get the penalty and the 2nd goal quite early on in the 2nd half.

He has no right foot mate, we've had some truly onefooted players but never to this extreme.

My other favourite move is "push the ball left a bit, feign a cross, push the ball left a bit, feign a cross, push the ball left a bit, cross to no one". Should be named The McNeil, like the other great moves like Cruyff turns and all that.
Perfected by Peter Beattie that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.