Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We might be irate right now, but a bad performance from players under pressure to match the fans' ire could lead to a performance resembling the air going out of a tyre. And watch the word of football laugh.

Nothing like a bit of optimism to lift the mood
When you've seen your club kicked out of Europe because of the actions of others - at a time when we were poised to become European champions - and you've now seen your club hit with a record points penalty because we couldn't sell the suspended Gylfi Sigurdsson whose suspension was a consequence of our club exercising its duty of care, then optimism is probably not the appropriate perspective right now.

But yes, I expect us to lose to United and, no doubt, see one of the promoted clubs win on the same weekend. We should be conditioned to this now.

When you've seen your club kicked out of Europe because of the actions of others - at a time when we were poised to become European champions - and you've now seen your club hit with a record points penalty because we couldn't sell the suspended Gylfi Sigurdsson whose suspension was a consequence of our club exercising its duty of care, then optimism is probably not the appropriate perspective right now.

But yes, I expect us to lose to United and, no doubt, see one of the promoted clubs win on the same weekend. We should be conditioned to this now.
Think the opposite to be honest with you. Utd are flakey and will not be looking forward to this game one bit.

I’m trying to look at it positively in that it can only galvanise the club and the players and we are already in good form rather than take the view that we have lost before the game starts

Status
Not open for further replies.