Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a terrible record against them. I’m dreading playing them next Sunday
Fully expecting Martial and Fernandes to roll back the years and score four between them.

I'll be interested watching on to see if the Premier League has instructed the officials to finish us off with their decisions - it would be easy for them to relegate us from this position we're in now.

I don't think you're going to see such frenzied support for anyone ever next Sunday. Us against the self-styled 'biggest club in the world' (but your NOT as Real Madrid comfortably are).

I just can't wait to get stuck into these horrible barstewards.

We are easily capable of sending these jokers back down the Lancs with 0 points. Bring it on.

We must beat the mancs. Luton may well beat Palace and Bournemouth may well beat Sheff Utd. This would leave us adrift in the bottom 3 with 4/6 very tough games before Xmas. I know this is a 'may well' be scenario but I cannot stop worrying that we are facing one hell of a mountain to climb. Cheer not jeer.

Close game. Last min iffy VAR pen (Bruno). 2nd Man Utd goal in the 8th minute of injury time when they break from a set piece when we have 1 slow defender and no keeper back. Usual stuff really.

Our amazing fans do a long, powerful, very visually damning protest, which is missed by the media as they focus on interviewing Bruno about how he and Ten Hag have turned the corner for the mighty media 6 United.

We had that pressure before and compiled the points we've just been deducted. We'll pick them up again and the neutral football fans will cheer us on because everyone knows we have been unfairly dealt with.

It's ironic that this has happened the same season Luton finally returned to the top league, especially given that their first win back came at Goodison, but there's no way we are going to disappear into the backwaters like they did after they were harshly treated, and continued treated after relegation.

Hopefully there will be a lot more respect for the Hatters because it really is remarkable how they survived and rose like a phoenix. Forget Wrexham, Luton Town is the real Hollywood story.
What did they do to Luton? I forget.

What did they do to Luton? I forget.
They had a lot of financial difficulties and after being relegated from the old 1st Division the season before the Premier League started they gradually dropped into League 2. Before the following season started they were docked 30 points for financial irregularities meaning it was obvious they would be relegated out of the league into the Conference Premier League, which is what happened. They stayed for five years and I was in the crowd at Welling United where the Hatters' fans celebrated their promotion. There were a lot of fans with 'Back To The Football League' in the style on the Back To The Future logo on the back of their shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.