Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only benefit of that is hopefully it's slammed some sense into fans.

5 points from 17th, 8 points away from 16th. We're in a relegation scrap and we aren't escaping that any time soon.

Average points the last three years will see us finish on 27 points.

It's going to need a massive effort, an effort hindered by pilling on extra pressure onto a team who have shown repeatedly for 3 years, to not be able to cope with pressure.

I wonder if the media message and support from the wider football community about the points deduction will die down now. I really hope it doesn’t, but if we can’t score a goal and play like this second half, then the opinion will be that we deserve to go down anyway.
The intention is to relegate us. If our lawyers cannot get the bulk of those points back, they’ll likely succeed.

As said, the occasion was too much for our players.

Snatched at chances and were well beaten.

….totally agree. It was a strange day, strange atmosphere but in the end the calmness and quality of United won out. It was all too much.

The realisation now that we are in a very difficult situation as far as relegation is concerned, we have to get back to controlled application and not get sidelined with raw emotion.

Our finishing has let us down totally in this game and has let a bang average team look like they have battered us, two off the line, crossbar, great save off their keeper add to that at least another three sitters. But the story will be his comfortable their victory was...
I’m worried the same will happen against Chelsea in a couple of weeks. Another bang average side we will make look world class.

Boo .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.