Everton v Newcastle. 15th March at 16.00.

The thing you like most about Newcastle?

• The nightlife

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • The generally pleasant people

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • THE UTTER FILTH HOUND WOMEN

Votes: 114 42.1%
  • Peter Beardsley

Votes: 53 19.6%
  • Ant & Dec

Votes: 29 10.7%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 33 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed that, made up had a couple of quid on result only blight on the day were those fookin bellends that follow Newcastle irttating as hell singing sign on bit ironic or what , told a gang of them to shut the f up before the game, my lad told me off so I had to behave, embarring dad situation my bad
Hahaha. Yeah I thought that was a bit odd, sign on chant from those lot.

That sisoko fella for them looks a real handful, need to see some more
of him but he looks a player.

Jimmy Mac made him look like a chump. Dread to think what would have happened today if Stoke ref hadn't pulled that yellow.....

I was really surprised to see us playing 4-4-2. On today's evidence it's certainly something we should do more at home.

Solid performance, still looking vulnerable at times and some of our attacking paly was mired with some pointless passing towards the end but overall a good display and very much needed 3 points.

Good to see Lennon endearing himself to the fans, as well.

Right through the spine of the team we were solid (alcaraz and jags, gibbo and macca and lukaku up front) that gave us a strong foothold in the game. But Newcastle were so awful (sissoko apart) it was hard to judge how well we played but there was a better tempo to our play that hasn't been seen in the league for months.

Right through the spine of the team we were solid (alcaraz and jags, gibbo and macca and lukaku up front) that gave us a strong foothold in the game. But Newcastle were so awful (sissoko apart) it was hard to judge how well we played but there was a better tempo to our play that hasn't been seen in the league for months.

Indeed.

No point going over board. Newcastle were awful.

I can't recall us booing in the 17th minute

Don't even remember the Newcastle support clapping if I'm honest

Could it have been we were booing something else that happened to coincide with their clapping?

I don't know, it was hard to tell on my *cough" Russian tv but thats what it sounded like.

Could be wrong though.

I don't know, it was hard to tell on my *cough" Russian tv but thats what it sounded like.

Could be wrong though.

I didn't hear any booing

I can imagine it all kicking off if we had

Also, why would we have booed it in the first place?

Why would we clap a player coming back from illness but then boo supporters who died?

That doesn't make any sense to me

Must be some sort of misunderstanding if there was booing

I didn't hear any booing

I can imagine it all kicking off if we had

Also, why would we have booed it in the first place?

Why would we clap a player coming back from illness but then boo supporters who died?

That doesn't wash with me

Must be some sort of misunderstanding if it did happen

I've just watched it back and there was applause that started at the 17th minute which was for 2 fans who died in that plance crash.

And there was on/off booing throughout the minute till it turned to 18' and a huge roar went up.

Nothing happened on the pitch worth booing so i guess as we were playing well we didn't wanna boo the team this time so booed a round of applause for some dead Newcastle fans instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back