• less preferable than Sunderland

Votes: 65 16.5%
  • southern Scotland

Votes: 72 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can't possibly be worse. Joel might make an error, but we know Howard will make one.

I hope it was a tactical decision and not an injury forced one, as the clown should have been out of the side a long, long time ago.

Isn't it almost nailed on that Joel will make a mistake leading to a goal tonight?

I know mate, I hold @orly entirely responsible for bigging-up that Clev's bloke.
These are basically the starting 11 that a lot of people are shouting for in this forum. So if it goes wrong again ... it's probably Martinez' fault for picking the wrong team.

I think it's ok, tbh. Stones and Baines are not in good form.

Our best back 4 is Baines, Stones, Jagielka and Coleman. The sooner that back 4 gets a run of games together, the better. We've played a ridiculous number of different back 4s this season and it's cost us enormously. Having an almost constant back 4 of Baines, Jagielka, Lescott/Distin, Coleman/Hibbert/Neville under Moyes meant our defence was one of the meanest about. Martinez benefited from using it in his first season too. He hasn't been able to over the last couple of years mainly because of injuries.

cleverley aint a winger, so why is he on the wing

To protect Oviedo, who will bomb on I assume. Same the other side with Lennon.

Just a very conservative selection. Given our frailties, I'm not exactly sad to see it, but I'll be very annoyed if Deulofeu isn't an automatic sub on the 60 minute mark if the game is tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back