Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton 0-0 Newcastle - Saturday 5th October - 17:30

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
Id agree if it was a Jamie Vardy type "leaving the leg out to initiate contact"

But Dom's swinging, Burn is nowhere near the ball and hits the player.

No doubt the refs will come out and say "advantage was played on the shot from Gana"
I think for VAR to change the call, it has to be clear and obvious, and at least in this instance you can argue that Dom initiated the contact. That is how VAR should be used, but unfortunately they aren’t anywhere near consistent.

Funny how the game planned out. Before the game most were terrified of the thought of our back 4. Turns out, 3 of that back 4 actually had the better game in Garner, Keane and young. Happy with a point hopefully we have a few back after the international break to kick on.

Feels like we need to sleepwalk through this seasoning zombie mode. Be in prem for 25/26 with new manager, new owners, new stadium, psr room.

Still, I'd sack dyche tonight if it were up to me.

I think for VAR to change the call, it has to be clear and obvious, and at least in this instance you can argue that Dom initiated the contact. That is how VAR should be used, but unfortunately they aren’t anywhere near consistent.

They made that up as a slogan. They get involved whenever they want then hide behind it when they get something wrong

Crap performance but the result is fine.

The back five, Tarky aside, did a good job and got us a point. Midfield was varying levels of crap. Ndiaye and Dom were bright and tried to make things happen but received no support from anyone else in the final third.

Referee an absolute whopper as usual.

It’s a good point everything considered but there needs to be a major improvement, especially in the middle of the park. Dyche has got to see that partnership is never the answer. Figure it out. No excuses when Gana and Tim are available.
The Ref? Really? I thought it was a decent ref preformance

The non-penalty was fine, DCL was pretty well beat to the ball and looking for something to fall over. It wasn't a dive but it would have been very soft.
Don't think he was looking, based on the fact he's staring at the ball from a foot away and kicks someone else's leg, which just happens to be in his path.

As I said - I can see that viewpoint, however it's inconsistent as those are give 9 times out of 10 for the "top 6".

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back