Match Thread Everton V Newcastle - Saturday 5th October - 17:30

I'd be surprised if the starting XI wasn't the side that kicked off the second half on Saturday..

Pickford

Young -- Tarkowski -- Branthwaite -- Myko

Mangala
------ Doucoure

Harrison
----- McNeil ------ Ndiaye

DCL
We can win this - although a draw would also do. Newcastle have started slowly & their away form seems a bit ropey, so there's deffo an opportunity here.

I'm gonna miss it either way as I'm flying to the 'states on Saturday :lol: ✈️

Despite being up near the top, Newcastle have been pretty poor this season so far.

With Isak likely still out and is coming off the back of a win at home, this is a good time to play them and a good chance for us to get a win.

Id be worried about the midfield battle in this game and Doucoure and think Harrison should come in for Lindy.

Yeah im expecting the same 11 that started the 2nd half on saturday, Harrison in for Lindstrom, I think he'll keep Doucoure with Mangala, could bring gana or Tim back in but I think with 4pts in the last two, he'll keep it mostly the same.

I know Youngs played alright last couple, but Gordon could absolutely kill him down the left, Patterson might get a place on the bench, but can't see him starting whilst Young is doing ok

I think we can win if we start a lot better than the palace game and the crowd needs to be good, much more confident in us with Branthwaite back in there

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back