Everton v Norwich City. Sat 24th Nov @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way we are getting a result against Arsenal is if Fellaini has one of his boss days.

And I don't mean one of his really good days (Sunderland, Swansea).

I mean one of his unplayable days (Man Utd, Man City).

When it's Fellaini's day, it's Everton's.

The only way we are getting a result against Arsenal is if Fellaini has one of his boss days.

And I don't mean one of his really good days (Sunderland, Swansea).

I mean one of his unplayable days (Man Utd, Man City).

When it's Fellaini's day, it's Everton's.

He tends to turn it on in big games and he's one of those players who can pretty much decide himself how well he's going to play, so I expect a performance from him. That's one of the reasons I'm reasonably hopeful.

He tends to turn it on in big games and he's one of those players who can pretty much decide himself how well he's going to play, so I expect a performance from him. That's one of the reasons I'm reasonably hopeful.

Exactly - you never know with him though. Could be absolutely boss, reasonably good, or he might just turn up not arsed.

We need him to at least be good, thankfully he has a lot more good games than bad.

Hopeful too on Felli! Would be happy with a draw vs Arsenal but can definitely see a win if we perform as we should be at this point.

Plus he will be fresh after a not playing over the weekend.

The GK and back 4 are a liability every game. I kid you not I,d happily settle for 40 points as the only target this season.

funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

this game could be an absolute goalfest if we play to our potential and our defence keep up their bad form. any news on mirallas yet, and where's the match preview chico ffs!!!!!

Absolutely horrific second half. Everybody knew Norwich were gonna score eventually. Should be ashamed of themselves for performing like that, our lads, regardless of who was playing/injured.

I'm actually more confident of beating Arsenal than I was vs Norwich, as ludicrous as that sounds.

We've struggled time and time again against sides we "should" be beating. Now we're in a game which on paper is even and a big challenge. I think we might be pleasantly surprised.

The game showed that even if everybody is fit and some here think we are a top 4 team, the reality is that our squad certainly is not and is very average.
The first few games flattered to deceive, great to watch but an unsustainable level.

However, we have shown we do have the potential to frighten teams. I do not think player for player that WBA are better than us, but they are showing a greater resolve to go and win games.

COYB.

Disagree with the squad comment. In terms of depth, yes, it's fairly light, but we have some quality players. Very much above average.

I think game after game though vs Wigan, QPR, Reading and Norwich (even Sunderland we barely made it over the line), we've struggled against teams we should be beating. This has to be something at manager level. Long time since we had a good FULL game. Numerous times we've started awfully and given the opposition the impetus, and now the last 2 games we've started well then been shocking in the 2nd half. We can discuss and critique individual performances as much as we like (and of course players are a million miles from faultless) but something's going on with the tactics and our mentality.

Perhaps the bottom line is we're not quite as good as we thought we were 6 games ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back