Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree. Sometimes you can put things down to a bad decision by a ref, a fluky goal, appalling VAR decision etc but this looks a lot worse. I have zero faith in these players to raise their game. I think Forest will really go for it and there will be little, if any, response from this team. They have no belief in themselves and even less in the manager. They look like losers waiting to be put out of their misery.

I’ve been waiting months for one or two of them to find a bit of form, chip in with a few goals, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

Most important game of this season so far and on the back of a 6 nil embarrassment and an obvious rift between them and their manager. Going to need divine intervention i think, either that or a few goals which would be nice too.

likely line up tomorrow:
Pickford
Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Harrison - Garner - Onana - McNeil
Doucoure
DCL

Subs (in order of chance of getting on): Gana, Danjuma, Keane, Young, Virginia

Still very nervous...

One of the biggest matches in our club's illustrious history.

Everything is rising on our home games now. Everything. Including possibly even our magnificent new stadium on the docks.

I really am glad that my beloved dad is not alive to see how low we have stooped as a club but I just hope we don't stoop even lower and go off into the oblivion of the lower leagues.
We are Everton.

We will stay up, much to the dismay of the kopites and their acolytes in the media.

I agree with you that this is an enormous game, though.

What greater wake-up call do we need than, in our last match, Chelsea were so bored they argued over who would score against us next!

My dear old granddad, who has seen us win leagues and various other trophies over the years and been to Wembley to watch us there over a dozen times.... said that this is the biggest week in our club's history.
I hate to say it, but I agree with him. All the kopites I know are anticipating our demise with relish.

We need a huge effort against Forest, from players and fans alike.

….despite defeat, I was impressed with Forest at Spurs and think they’ll have too much for us to cope tomorrow. The manner of the Chelsea defeat adds to my negativity but todays result at Luton might just take a little of the tension out of the players and fans.

They’ll be easier on the eye than us but if we’re resolute we could nick it as we did at their place.