Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Onana and Garner both deserved dropping.

They did, but so have many other players through the season and he's carried on playing them game after game.

Name checked them after Chelsea now dropped them. If only he was consistent in his approach and attitude with the rest

Gana and Gomes in the centre doesn't fill me with confidence and Young starting is a terrible shout, I'd have played Garner at right back or even the very limited Godfrey. I know Young was a top quality player, but, he can't run any more

They did, but so have many other players through the season and he's carried on playing them game after game.

Name checked them after Chelsea now dropped them. If only he was consistent in his approach and attitude with the rest

He dropped Harrison for Young because there was nobody else.

You can't drop McNeil as well for thin air.

See the problem?

It's not ideal, but Patterson and Coleman are injured.

Godfrey didn't do it at full back either did he?

Maybe Garner as at least he can cross a ball.

All in all, the fume is way OTT given the alternatives IMO.
Godfrey at least has pace, that’s at least a chance of him nullifying what’s against him.

Young offers nothing. I’ll give him half an hour before he’s booked and we are walking a 10 man tightrope.

I’ve read this book before and it’s not a very good read. Certainly not as good as Bravo Two Zero by Andy Mcnab, which actually improves with every read 😉