Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He can try different formations. I like McNeil but he's been awful. Maybe Harrison could have gone LW where he played loads for Leeds, with Young RW. Or Garner there. This was happening before Danjuma and Dobbin got injured too, they were options.

Playing certain players who are poor each game then dropping others for the same reason doesnt look good.
AGain, no wonder these players have had enough of him, Doucoure another untouchable despite being crap since last year.

Suggested the same earlier in the week but also said in his thread that he's been really poor for ages too.

I'd have went Garner there personally but never really expected it.
Fair enough. We know he can do a job there, and is better than young even if out of form. Dyche is Dyche though. That’s why people are annoyed.

Why do we need a 10? Why does he have to play that specific system?

We are conceding too many why don`t Dyche play a no.6 with 2 8s who play box to box and cover the half spaces wide allowing wingers to play further forward?

Why does he not let full backs beyond the winger like every other PL team.... I can tell you why, because Dyche is a dinosaur, nothing to do with calibre of player. he knows nothing else, football has moved on but he hasn`t....

It may work today, I`m not saying it will not but in the majority of cases, as we have seen, it doesn`t work.

Because our full backs are Mykolenko, Young or Godfrey - unfortunately.

I think we need a 10 because otherwise there's an even bigger vacuum in the final third than there is now.

How do we reckon the midfield 3 line up?
Gana and Doucoure deep and Gomes further up?
Or Doucoure in his Dyche role behind the striker?

Would keep doucoure deep personally, as we could use his legs. Gomes more likely to create something further up the pitch.

Sick of watching Doucoure struggle to control a football and watch our attacks break down.

Not the worst possible team. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Let's hope we get one of those good performances from gomes

I think Gomes is better ticking the ball over from deeper.

We desperately need a number 10 with some pace/composure. Would make the world of difference. Not sure Gomes is that player myself.

Just have to hope Doucoure can turn up today.
Again you are hung up on this 10 role... Liverpool, City and Villa don`t play with a 10, Arsenal and Spurs do. We do not have the player who makes that system work, odegaard and Maddison vs Doucoure. No contest, 2 good technically good players against Doucs who runs alot and his second touch is a tackle.

We need to go back to having a solid CM IMO, 1 holder the other 2 box to box.

IMG_7443.jpeg