Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's probably been covered already (but I'm not going back through past pages), but that Forest tweet on X is amazing.

Anyone think they'll get any points back after that?
Well we all know the game is corrupt someone has to stand up and say it good on Forest for doing it

I don’t think the kick in the back of the leg is, no. I think he played it a bit which led in part to him not getting it. It was not hard enough for the reaction. The handball no as well. The other yes I do think it is a penalty, so 2-1. Not feeling sorry for them, they have called us cheats and we’ve had the same kind of thing happen to us. Case closed.
Absolute nonsense and if something similar happens to us we'd be rightfully angry with the inconsistent and crap refereeing.

They're scabs for the songs and the behaviour (again) but only the handball was even up for debate, even then his arm's out full stretch for no reason.

Absolute nonsense and if something similar happens to us we'd be rightfully angry with the inconsistent and crap refereeing.

They're scabs for the songs and the behaviour (again) but only the handball was even up for debate, even then his arm's out full stretch for no reason.
Which would negate any shouts of a replay, because (assuming they'd even score the penalty) we'd have won 2-1.

Not seen them game but don't get them claiming the VAR is a Luton fan? They were 1 pint behind us so if we lost Luton would've been able to catch us? Sour grapes?

None of them we're pens, because they weren't give,
no use saying anything else
, as we know full well .
how many pens have we had in the last say year and a half?
Referee was awful and I don't blame Forest for moaning.
But it distraction away from how toothless they were.

None of them we're pens, because they weren't give,
no use saying anything else
, as we know full well .
how many pens have we had in the last say year and a half?
Referee was awful and I don't blame Forest for moaning.
But it distraught from how toothless they were.
No they've apparently been crap don't get me wrong, but in a fair world those (and some of the ones we've not gotten) should be 2 pens.

If they were a different red team - 2 pens and a guaranteed red for Young, 3rd pen if he's still on the pitch, guaranteed.

Arsed as we won and it's Notts but can see why they're fuming

Maybe but I don’t give a hoot. Absolutely none of them stuck up for us when we had points deducted it was only when it happened to them that they suddenly became brothers in arms. They were calling us cheats and in the end if they go down we will get called the same again because it could end up being down to this game. I’m sorry but there is no sympathy from me.

None of them penalties IMO
1st player made a meal of salah proportions with minimal contact
2nd by the time it hit his arm it was tucked into the body
3rd This is the doubtful one but minimal contact again if there was contact. From different angles it actually looks like Young may have just nicked the ball and the Forest player made too much of a deal over possible minimal contact

Maybe but I don’t give a hoot. Absolutely none of them stuck up for us when we had points deducted it was only when it happened to them that they suddenly became brothers in arms. They were calling us cheats and in the end if they go down we will get called the same again because it could end up being down to this game. I’m sorry but there is no sympathy from me.
It's not about sympathy, it's about thinking none of those clear penalties were penalties.

As I said above your post - arsed as we won and all, but in a fair world those are pens, as are many we didn't get in the last few seasons.