Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Only one I would suggest could have been a penalty was the 3rd one.

1st didn’t touch him and 2nd was ball to hand with his arm in a fairly natural position.

Despite my hatred for Young….
Honestly. I’m a proper blue, I would say. But when people say stuff like this it bugs me. He does touch him. He boots the bottom of his foot. It’s a penalty. The handball is booted at him from a yard away, not much he can do other than to jump with his hands behind his back, which is very hard to do, it’s debatable. Third is a penalty, gone right through the man to get the ball.

However, we never got a shirt pull against Spurs, we never got one back at Forest when Coleman was brought down from behind. For once things went for us today and somebody’s else’s expense.

However, I now fully expect a penalty to Liverpool on Wed and probably a red card to us, the officials will be talking about it and they will take it back from us. Always happens.

Saw the handball but not the others
To be honest ,
They had decent shouts for the pens .
First one thought there player being over dramatic driving cost them. He got touched but over did it.
Third one , live I thought it wasn't but looking back it was a pen.
Who knows these days, about the handball.
Don't get the Forest shouts about the league having it in for them, agaist a team that's had 2 pens all season, and if the prem had its way would have been docked 17 pionts.
All of a sudden change tack an start picking on Forest.

I’ll take the win
My nerves cant stand much more of them buggers sitting back when 1-0 up though

Branthwaite MOtM - those mazy runs were worth watching the game for.

Happy for Gana that he finally scored one of those attempts from outside the box - I was screaming ‘don’t shoot’ -based on him normally scaring the pigeons on the floodlights - but glad he didn’t listen.

Hope Beto is ok.

The win puts us full of confidence for facing Them…God, I hate derby week