Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The excitement after the Spurs away game was something else. Really thought we had unlocked a winning combination. It unraveled very quickly. Management need to look at themselves also and not just blame the players and the lack of fans. Richarlison looks a problem big time. Attitude is all wrong. If he leaves he’ll drift into obscurity coz he hasn’t got it mentally. Don’t think this summer window, unless it is like Chelsea’s last year, will solve it either.

I swear we've had about 6 or 7 of these "game in hands" things and scored about 2 pts total.

I felt there was a bit of animosity lurking over the team last night. Even Ben Godfrey, who is normally well up for it, looked subdued... as though he had a cob on as hed had his wings clipped. Then again, the total lack of movement in front of him in midfield probably annoyed him. Too many times we see our players dawdling with the ball unable to see a forward pass so immediately we again see the bone idle side pass back whence it came. They look unfit, dilatory and this 'cant be arsed' attitude is a disgraceful insult to the shirt, the club and us.

I swear we've had about 6 or 7 of these "game in hands" things and scored about 2 pts total.
that parlous points accumulation accurately reflects how our brave lionhearts react to expectation pressure. The mental fragility of Everton players is something terrible to behold (but fabulous to play against...just ask Newcastle, Fulham, Sheffield etc etc)

that parlous points accumulation accurately reflects how our brave lionhearts react to expectation pressure. The mental fragility of Everton players is something terrible to behold (but fabulous to play against...just ask Newcastle, Fulham, Sheffield etc etc)
Relax, cash dem checks. Our players sure do love to curl up in that nice warm blanket of financial security that Everton provides.

I almost wish we've had a lot of players who just want to use Everton as a stepping stone.

Is Carlo to big for Everton ? Nationwide discussion 6pm prompt today TALKSPORT. Some on here with rose tinted glasses may need to listen.

Last edited:

Disappointed in Ancelotti that he hasn't been able to sort the work rate problem out.
This has been duly noted, and is currently being discussed by Carlo and Mr Brands:

1621269263118.png

Hope they pick themselves up in front of a crowd so we can have a decent home record and then go back to rubbish away record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back