Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to set up at home now to take advantage of that great away form. We need to step up and pressure them not be play so deep. Play with tempo they are a dangerous team who press, we need to play with much more energy and put them under pressure than we did with Fulham and Newcastle. Why we can't play higher against teams who are struggling at home I don't know we have Godfrey's pace. We need to be as switched on at the back and in midfield as we were in the derby and incisive with our chances too.

Last edited:
Pickford

Holgate
Keane
Godfrey
Digne

Davies
Allan
Doucoure

James
DCL
Right

Can at times become a 4312 at times with James dropping behind the front two or a 352 when defending.

It's "one a dem" (as Hibbo would say) where we wait all weekend for our game, only for Everton to ruin it late on Monday night, innit. Prove us wrong you cheeky monkeys.

The stars are truly aligning for this one to be a cold bump back to reality as they are now winless in 8 games I believe!
Here we go again.....
Shouldn't be though should it we seem to have switched from good home form and crap away form to this season with no fans to the other way around. I know no fans doesn't help but they need to find the balance at home We need to step up at home now or the away form will be for nothing

The Team may not look as most think or expect as ever, with us playing away to west brom just 3 days later-so players you expect to play may be kept till the Thursday at west brom
Why would you keep players back for West Brom? Southampton looks a much tougher match, despite their run of poor results.

And a lot of you have left Coleman out which is surprising to me after his good, disciplined match last Saturday.

1614216431929.webp

Minimum expectation :dance:

Cannot wait for this on Monday so we will probably go and lose 2-0.

I am desperately trying to get out of old negative thinking habits but it will take time and lots of Carlo’s raised eyebrow and calm sips of bovril

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back