Everton v Southampton. 4th April at 15.00.

Level of arsed abar Everton?

• Tuesday in work

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Office temp just posted her holiday bikini photos on Facebook

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • Break up tomorrow for summer holidays

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Chrimbo

Votes: 18 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the better team. They started well, we came into it and scored and after that it was even.

Howard's made a couple of wonder saves. Fair play he has been much better since coming back. I suspect he's one Martinez was talking about in his interview. Howard always plays better with a bit of pressure on him. It was keep him focussed.

It works when he's up the pitch as he can actually hold up a ball for the others, but he's been dropping short to get on the ball which means he's holding it up in midfield. Needs to relax a bit more and wait for the ball, not to be so eager to silence his doubters.
TBF to him hes still been involved in our best moves. Heavily involed in the build up to the corners for the goal and put in a peach of a cross for ossie

Barkley looks a different player to the rest of the season, I wonder if he's been asked to do something different to support Kone rather than what he usually does to support Lukaku?
Even Howard looks a less flakey *touches wood*
Perhaps Barkley has been told it might be quite nice if he would track back and tackle? (Even if it does result in him bouncing off Wanyama.) Fuse the intelligence of Osman with the skill of Barkley and you would have some player.

Couple of good saves from Howard (I must do penance in his thread) and he even came off his line to punch. Still can't kick, mind you.

TBF to him hes still been involved in our best moves. Heavily involed in the build up to the corners for the goal and put in a peach of a cross for ossie
Yup, but he needs to be down that end of the pitch though, towards the end of moves rather than in the middle of them. Slows down the movement up the pitch too much when he's got the ball at the halfway line and can't then get in the box to be on the end of it. Just needs to stay forward more. :-)

Kone has a bit if the Eto'o about him as he slows attacks down for me. Needs to be quicker is laying it off

i see why people say it, but who's he going to lay it off to? there's nobody there, everyone groaned when he didn't release ross straight away, but he would have been running at a corner with no-one in the box, 5 secs laters instead baines was released and we had 3 at the back post and nearly scored.

Tremendous 45 mins from Jags, like McCarthy getting further forward, save of the season from Howard, wish Lennon got more of the ball although he has been excellent defensively.

How has Kone ended up a Premier League footballer? One of life's greatest mysteries.

Overall a good game of football, Southampton playing some good stuff to be fair.

Why is it that when Kone has played off the striker his first touch has generally been spot on but now he's up front ob his own the ball's bouncing off him?

Ross looks eager. Tackling and stuff.

It works when he's up the pitch as he can actually hold up a ball for the others, but he's been dropping short to get on the ball which means he's holding it up in midfield. Needs to relax a bit more and wait for the ball, not to be so eager to silence his doubters.

Haven't watched today but I think he's good with his back to the goal. He takes a good 1st touch and then the ball is is gone off his foot. When he has the ball at his feet going at goal, he struggles. He needs to improve his slotting. His game is the exact opposite of Roms.

Perhaps Barkley has been told it might be quite nice if he would track back and tackle? (Even if it does result in him bouncing off Wanyama.) Fuse the intelligence of Osman with the skill of Barkley and you would have some player.
Could well be, he's certainly doing something new :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back