Everton v Southampton. 4th April at 15.00.

Level of arsed abar Everton?

• Tuesday in work

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Office temp just posted her holiday bikini photos on Facebook

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • Break up tomorrow for summer holidays

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Chrimbo

Votes: 18 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current club qualification system
The three highest placed national associations in the UEFA Respect Fair Play ranking will each automatically gain an extra qualification berth for the First Qualifying Round, providing they have exceeded the threshold of games played, and have a minimum average score of 8.0. These berths are then allocated to the highest placed club in that association's own Fair Play league that has not yet qualified for either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League.

Last time an English team qualified was Fulham in 2011

Blimey, that is Byzantine in its complexity :(

So, how would success in beating Man City last season have cost Liverpool? In the final analysis you succeed by winning. LFC is just one of nineteen in competition with us.

And I have no problem in explaining why they are the biggest club on Merseyside. It's because of a supporter base built on their consistent success in the 1970's and 80's, and our disgraceful failure to keep up with modern requirements in commerce and infrastructure after the establishment of the Premier League in the 90's.
i think you've got the wrong end of the stick. If we'd beaten City and the RS as a result won the league then they'd have gone on and won even more hearts and minds in the city, nationally and internationally making it even more difficult for Everton to win support and investment. Simple. And your second paragraph merely supports what I'd stated ie they built up a support base through success - exactly. And some of that support base was at our expense. That's why a balance of support on Merseyside that was 55-45 in Everton's favour right up to the early 70s became the 45-55 in the RS favour that it is now.

i think you've got the wrong end of the stick. If we'd beaten City and the RS as a result won the league then they'd have gone on and won even more hearts and minds in the city, nationally and internationally making it even more difficult for Everton to win support and investment. Simple. And your second paragraph merely supports what I'd stated ie they built up a support base through success - exactly. And some of that support base was at our expense. That's why a balance of support on Merseyside that was 55-45 in Everton's favour right up to the early 70s became the 45-55 in the RS favour that it is now.

If we were sitting together we could debate the first matter, but it would be lengthy and this forum isn't the place for it. My position is simple.
I want Everton to win every time they play. What's that line in our song about 'We don't care...'? I do care up to a point, btw, but not enough
to want to lose games.

We pretty much agree on the second point and I was only challenging your claim that if I didn't agree with your first I'd struggle to understand
your second.

This is how it works
  • Each Barclays Premier League match is assessed by delegates
  • Teams are assessed in five categories, with the public assessed in one category
  • The Fair Play Table is published on the Premier League website

1. Red and yellow cards

Maximum score = 10
Yellow card = -1 point
Red card = -3 points
No minimum score

If a player who is on a yellow card (-1 point) commits another yellow card offence, only the red card will count (-3 points). But if a player who has already been cautioned then commits a red card offence, both cards will count (so the player will receive -4 points). This is the only section in which it is possible to receive a score below zero.

2. Positive play

Maximum score = 10
Minimum score = 1

This is designed to encourage attractive play that will increase the enjoyment of spectators and the following areas are taken into consideration:

Positive

- Using attacking tactics, not defensive
- Speeding up the game
- Efforts to gain time (e.g. bringing the ball back into play quickly even if the team is in a winning position)
- Continuing to push for goals when in a winning position

Negative

- Slowing down the game
- Time wasting
- Tactics based on foul play
- Play-acting (simulation)

3. Respect towards opponents
Maximum score = 7
Minimum score = 1

Players should respect the Laws of the Game and abide by the spirit of Fair Play. The Fair Play delegate’s assessment will not double count items already covered in the ‘Red and Yellow cards’ category, but the seriousness of the offences punished by cards may be considered. This category will also include offences overlooked by the referee.

Any single major incident between players may have a significant bearing on the final score.

Blameless behaviour without any particularly positive attitude or gestures is likely to receive a score of 6 rather than 7.

4. Respect towards the referee

Maximum score = 7
Minimum score = 1

Players are expected to respect the officials - including assistants - at all times.

The Fair Play delegate’s assessment will not double count items already covered in the ‘Red and Yellow cards’ but the seriousness of the offences punished by cards may be considered.

Any single major incident may have a significant bearing on the score.

A positive attitude, including the acceptance of doubtful decisions without protest, will be rewarded with high marks. Normal behaviour without any particular positive attitudes or gestures towards match officials is likely to receive a score of 6 rather than 7.

5. Behaviour of the team officials
Maximum score = 6
Minimum score = 1

Team officials, including coaches, are expected to develop the sporting, technical and tactical level of their team – and instruct players to behave in accordance with the Fair Play principles.

Positive and negative aspects of the team officials’ conduct will be assessed – such as whether they calm down or provoke angry players or fans and how they accept the decisions of the referee. Co-operation with the media will also be taken into account.

Any single major incident may have a significant bearing on the final mark, as will breaches of the regulations governing the dugout and technical area.

Blameless behaviour without any particularly positive attitudes or gestures is likely to receive a score of 5 rather than 6.

For categories 1-5, the overall assessment of a team is obtained by adding up the points given for the individual categories, dividing this sum by the maximum points score (40) and multiplying it by 10.

In addition, there is one further category assessed by the Fair Play delegate.

6. Behaviour of the public
Maximum score = 10
Minimum score = 0

All teams begin with a score of 5 points. A maximum of a further 5 points can be added for:

- Verbal support in acceptable form
- Covert recognition of outstanding play by the opponents

A maximum of 5 points can be deducted for:

- Persistent foul and abusive language
- Persistent abuse of the officials’ decisions
- Aggressive and threatening conduct towards opposing fans

It really is mind boggling that the football authorities send people to football matches to assess all this bollocks.

It ain't even a tangible thing......just one person's opinion of the "behaviour of the public".

I had thought it was purely the totting up of yellow and red cards over the season.

But oh no......that is way too sensible a system to determine which team plays "fair" ergo it would never do for Platini and his ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back