Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant your use of the word roster to discuss football, please refrain from this in future otherwise a temporary ban will be issued.
Oh this old nugget. Brits are fine adopting a word like quarterback for a midfielder but god for bid anyone use the word roster even though it’s literally just a synonym for squad and everyone knows it.

Oh this old nugget. Brits are fine adopting a word like quarterback for a midfielder but god for bid anyone use the word roster even though it’s literally just a synonym for squad and everyone knows it.

200w.gif

We need them for goals clearly but it's a shame they haven't formed a partnership so far.

Is there any news on the player that can't be named? Is it likley he will ever come back?
I think Richie's willingness to come straight back into the fold after his exploits over the summer are to be commended. But I honestly don't think you'll find a sports performance expert anywhere in the world who will condone what is happening here.

At some stage this is going to catch up with him. Every ounce of common sense I possess is screaming this to me, and I'm sure many on here are thinking the same.

I have to say that not insisting Richarlison take a proper break is a poor decision by the club that I fear will come back to bite us on the bum later in the season.

I'm not sure I know anyone who has ever referred to a midfield player as a quarter back.

Reckon Tom Brady could probably do as good a job as some of our midfielders in fairness

Ha ha

If anybody used the term quarterback on here instead of midfielder I'd probably put them straight on ignore. lol

And I haven't used the term roster since I was at school and it was a list of my lessons for the day. I honestly thought it was a predictive text issue.

I'm not sure I know anyone who has ever referred to a midfield player as a quarter back.

Reckon Tom Brady could probably do as good a job as some of our midfielders in fairness
I feel we could use a kinda quarterback-style centre mid who can drop deep and dictate the tempo of the game a bit, as our biggest issue currently does seem to be that we are struggling to play through the lines

Ok fair, I can see where you’re coming from.
I hate to be the person who pushes aside technique for pure power in midfield but if feels as important as ever to have legs in middle. The prem now is just so fast, I worry if we’re good enough to have a (and I hate the term but it works) quarterback midfielder over pure powerhouses. Pirlo was a legend but the Italian league is traditionally slow and nowadays industrial midfields are the tick. It may be crude but I’d rather have 2 massive brutes who can carry the ball in the middle rather than a technical passer.

Harry Kane trying to be England’s quarterback now
B5AE40F3-9424-42DD-BE62-0203CA7C25A0.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back