Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I knew it. My point is more that it’s annoying when people have a go at posters for using a term they very well understand even if it’s not the norm. Who cares?
But you're implying that all of us Brits knew what he meant by roster. Well I'm saying that I didn't and I reckon most other Brits on here didn't know either. Just saying.

Finally got a ticket emailed to me, they had sent my card to an old address? Something to do with migration of data from Everton to the e-ticket provider?

It took me 8hrs and I joined the queue at position 97, when I completed my call their was still 180 on hold.

But you're implying that all of us Brits knew what he meant by roster. Well I'm saying that I didn't and I reckon most other Brits on here didn't know either. Just saying.
Quarterback is quite well known as someone who dictates play, often from deep but not necessarily. I don’t see any issue using it as a term. I’ll be honest, I didn’t have a clue what roster is but after a quick google search I am up to speed

Fair enough. It’s just been brought up here so many times i figured we’d all come across it. Regardless, let’s just hope the squad performs at a high level tomorrow. Saints are looking weak

Logging off an Everton fans forum might help.
Just a suggestion like.
It might be an idea to delete my ID on this forum but i've supported them all my life even in the darkest days of Mike Walker and Walter Smith and been a member on here for several years. It's just something I haven't got round to doing yet but then Rafá hasn't been here that long and hopefully he won't be staying here that long either.

Just posting on other sports on here atm while he's manager.

I’ve just managed to snag a ticket so I’ll make sure I boo loud enough for the both of us (just joking of course, I’m actually pretty excited now)
I appreciate that. I’m just hoping my neighbors haven’t gotten too used to me not yelling at my tv at 6am. Fortunately tomorrow is an 8am kickoff here so I’ll ease them back into it.

It might be an idea to delete my ID on this forum but i've supported them all my life even in the darkest days of Mike Walker and Walter Smith and been a member on here for several years. It's just something I haven't got round to doing yet but then Rafá hasn't been here that long and hopefully he won't be staying here that long either.

Just posting on other sports on here atm while he's manager.
Like you I have seen the good the bad and the indifferent Everton managers. I have seen the glory days and suffered the crap times
Whatever your thoughts on Benitez are, WE are Everton supporters, Benitez is just an employee.
No matter how well or badly he does, just like all other football managers his tenure here is only temporary.
As supporters we are in it for life.
For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health,'til death do us part. ;)

Opening day against a poor team missing key players? Here comes the 2-2, the “it’s frustrating to let a 2-0 lead slip but if we can play the rest of the season like we played that first half” posts, and us not playing anywhere near as well as that first half for the rest of the year.

AND IT’S LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back