Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear Southampton will have to fight to stay in the league. They wont play against Keane every week.
Its 'too bad', I have no ill feelings towards them. Seems an okay team with a decent manager, their struggle is kinda mysterious to me. Started last season on fire, ended up being a horror show. Hope they improve and stay up, as long as they stay behind us in every way.

Football was still horrific but the fight made up for it in the 2nd half and that's the mimimum that should be asked every week.

Biggest positive from today was Benitez rectifying his mistakes, you don't put Richarlison LM and Gray as the free role off DCL, completely different player Richarlison when he's allowed the freedom to move around and Gray lacks end product to be anything more than a tricky winger.

Then the switch of Keane to RCB, in fairness he was still horrendous today but it's been an issue of our CB's for years that none of them other than Godfrey can go left to save their life switching him and Holgate was the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.