Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even drawing it as it's a home six-pointer against what most people outside of Everton fans consider to be the worst team in the division, on the back of two horrendous home defeats.

A hard fought draw will arguably be a worse result, as I suspect it will temper the passion and anger that a loss would, it will probably keep Frank in a job and maintain the status quo for a little bit longer.

It has to be a win and absolutely nothing else.

The atmosphere needs to be right tomorrow

I'm sure most of us will do our part but I also can't shake the fear that it's going to be quite nervy in there, and eventually poisonous if we concede a goal

I'm as mad at the club hierarchy as the next person, but for 90 minutes tomorrow we need to make that stadium a bear pit and roar the lads over the line like we did at the end of last season

It's a matter of survival now and I hope the Goodison crowd shows the best side of itself

Hello all, I am from America and tomorrow will be the first time I get to see Everton play at Goodison (saw them get railed by Minnesota United this summer). If anyone could give me recommendations of where to go before the game that would be greatly appreaciated!
I would suggest going home before the game mate.

Hope you enjoy it. Despite the rubbish on display it's a beautiful place

I'll sleep like a baby. We're finished - whatever happens on Saturday. We are rotting from the head down. There's a perfect confluence of all of those ingredients that, on their own, we could survive: Kenwright's pompous hubris and cunning venality, Moshiri's lofty stupidity, the shallow entitlement of fans who prized style over content when we were mid-table or better, the weakness of Marcel Brands which never extended to his ability to coin a personal fortune, the overpromotion of a great scout, Steve Walsh, into a DoF position he was totally unsuited for, and the ludicrous PR appointment of a third-rate manager contributing to a poisonous farrago.

We could survive a few of those things - but now, together, it's overwhelming.

We're done.
Noooooooooooo don't say that Dricoooo loool

Good feeling about this IF Frank plays the right system. 3 (Technically 5) at the back with Onana and Gueye sitting to protect the back line. Happy with Coleman but Myko needs to do more in attack. Would like to see what Vinagre does. Maybe play Mcneil or Gordon there. At least so we offer more going forward. Doucs to turn into prime Yaya then Gray to sit just behind Dom in support. UTFT

1673620198276.webp

5 at the back at home against relegation Southampton! :lol:

I can genuinely see it, however. Should be at them though, with two wingers (even though they're all awful) and two strikers. Especially if Iwobi is touch and go to play, no point risking further and more severe injury.

Pickford
Coleman-Coady-Tarkowski-Mykolenko
Gordon-Onana-Gueye-Gray
Lewin-Maupay​

Simple as that.

Hi All,

Do you know what time the fans are greeting the coach in tomorrow? driving up from Kent and didn't want to miss it.

I like a 3-4-1-2:

Pickford
Godfrey - Coady - Tarkowski
Iwobi - Onana - Gueye - McNeil
Gray
Lewin - Gordon
Play it into wide spaces with Lewin and Gordon providing hold up play in the channels, pulling CBs out of position prior to laying it off to our midfielders who will be looking to play in Gray making the supporting runs in behind.

When out of possession it becomes more of a 5-3-2 with Gray providing width and Iwobi man-marking Ward-Prowse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back