Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three points tomorrow is vital so why do I feel that I would I take a point right now if offered?
Because we have been badly set up at home and performed badly at home since Palace. Especially when teams sit in. It's no coincidence we look better when teams come onto us. We need the right set up 532/343. Every play to fight and press, win 50/50s and attack this game like every fan will we have to win have to! I'm so worried.

I remember when we used to batter southampton on a regular basis at Goodison. Guarenteed points. Just how many we would beat them by.
7-1 with a Gary Speed hat trick!
Imagine a win like that!?
Imagine a midfielder scoring a hat trick!?
Imagine a midfielder scoring a goal!?
Imagine a win?
Imagine Everton scoring a goal?

Yeah I’m not confident

Imagine a win?

Yeah I’m not confident

Distant memory its becoming mate.
I think they went seven years not beating us home or away.
I was at the 6-1 lineker hat trick game.

I gotta say, I`m bricking it for tomorrow, Southampton have won the last 2 and reinforced their squad... badly need a win.
This is the worst I’ve felt ahead of a game since Burnley away last season and that went well!

Weirdly I think I’d given up before Palace and thought we’d find a way to go down regardless.

at least Leeds lost, that was a good start to the results for us.

Not a lot of room for middle ground after this match tomorrow, its trench warfare and a dust up to the death for the last remaining undeleted units of the soul of Everton.

High stakes for such a bottom of the table clash. Merciless misery to the side coming off worse.

SomeUnrulyJohndory-max-1mb.gif

Must win, but got to say got to stay behind the players no matter what early on look at the united game they scored a early goal at goodison heads would have fell off they battled back we need to get behind them full on and protest later, they will fall to bits if it gets toxic and that will the team talk at Southampton

I gotta say, I`m bricking it for tomorrow, Southampton have won the last 2 and reinforced their squad... badly need a win.
Nervous it feels like do or die but then there are games after this, but Saints will pull us into the mire if they beat us. We have to pen them in have to get after them hope their legs are aching after Wedneday. Harness the crowd use them engage them.

Imagine a win?

Yeah I’m not confident

I was there on this day in 1971 ?

A midfielder scored a hat trick that day as well….Bally.

Big Joe scored four.

I think Dave Johnson might ha e scored the other goal.

Everton curse continues…. I don’t think we have won a game since Crystal Palace where we was all chanting ‘oh what a way to cure the blues when Everton win and Liverpool lose’, typical, cursed club.

COYB! We simply have to win! Every player needs to perform fully for 90 minutes. When players are subbed off I want to see them gasping for air and looking knackered. This is the only we we are going to win this game. 100% effort and commitment.

We have to win because games against lesser clubs at home are running out. Not as though our away form will save us is it. Each home game is a must win from now on, can our pathetic mentality players cope? I very much doubt it. Need a minimum of 4 attacking players ASAP (last week) sadly I feel this lack of management (skilled people I've heard) and utter incompetence will relegate and destroy this club. Frank looks broken and the fans are rock bottom and will turn ugly if we lose again. Basically cup final mentality required. The fans do more than there part, totally up to these horrible football players from now on. Over to you Farhad, Bill and Denise ? we will be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back