Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

So important to get 3 points today. Even a draw isn't good enough against the bottom of the league at home when you need points badly. Everyone of them including Frank needs to step up today. No more sub standard performances please. Then all grievances can be aimed at the board and owner and not you lot.

COYB's.

Got to be solid defensively and win our battles. I'd rather keep it 0-0 and push on at the end than get caught on the break early doors.
Not doing this is why we got hammered against Brighton.
We have a really solid defensive unit but right now we need the goals.
The crowd roar turns into anxiety which turns into anger when we don’t attack and then the players stupidly overcommit and we get slapped on the counter attack.

I swear three quarters of the goals I see us concede is when we’re hit on a counter because we’re clueless at how to score so throw everyone forward.

I can't see us losing this myself- if the players still want FL, as they know he's (potentially/probably) one defeat away from the sack. Two poor teams but one has the home backing, and the fans wil he positive for the 90 mins, this should give us the edge.

Last edited:
Not doing this is why we got hammered against Brighton.
We have a really solid defensive unit but right now we need the goals.
The crowd roar turns into anxiety which turns into anger when we don’t attack and then the players stupidly overcommit and we get slapped on the counter attack.

I swear three quarters of the goals I see us concede is when we’re hit on a counter because we’re clueless at how to score so throw everyone forward.
The Brighton match reminded me so much of the cup match away to Palace last season. Look semi dangerous for 10 minutes then get picked apart.

So important to get 3 points today. Even a draw isn't good enough against the bottom of the league at home when you need points badly. Everyone of them including Frank needs to step up today. No more sub standard performances please. Then all grievances can be aimed at the board and owner and not you lot.

COYB's.
Wolves, Norwich, were bottom when we lost to them at home?

The game where we lost 5-2?

I'm sure there are more, but it shows that we are at that level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back