• Jesper Lindstrom

• Abdoulaye Doucoure

• Iliman NDiaye

• Beto

• Ashley Young 62'

• Jack Harrison 62'

• Tim Iroegbunam 79'

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s a cup game and both sides have played casually. I expect it to ramp up a bit in the 2nd.

You obviously have to rotate as players need a bit of resting and you need a look at other players. Mainly our issues center around two things.

Jesper needs to clean his delivery up. He has gotten into good positions pretty frequently but the final ball just hasn’t been there. Our central midfield partnership is completely new for today so the lack of chemistry is apparent. Doucore is not playing his usual position and Mangala is new to the team. Our struggles in the center are to be expected until Mangala can get some minutes really. We haven’t seen much of him.

Possession stats horrid, but not sure if people actually realise how Southampton play, 3rd in the league on possession over the first four games at 62% second most successful passes and second in total passes in the league.

So yeah given we lose possession heavily v every team we are obviously gonna suck big time v a team that is actually good at keeping hold of it.

A FANTASTIC example there of how thick every single person at this club is.

Southampton vigorously sticking to their plan of short passes up the pitch, knocking it about slowly, then upping the passing tempo to break lines. Everton launching in the general direction of their half, Virginia clearly told not to put the youngsters under pressure in our half with the ball. We’d rather surrender possession with a hoof…..

The players aren’t all down the tunnel and the sprinklers are on full felt to make the surface fast and slick so their passes travel quicker and our hoofs skid straight through to their keeper.

Absolute idiots from top to bottom.

You're correct of course, but they'll pass their way back to the Championship just like Burnley last year.

Possession stats horrid, but not sure if people actually realise how Southampton play, 3rd in the league on possession over the first four games at 62% second most successful passes and second in total passes in the league.

So yeah given we lose possession heavily v every team we are obviously gonna suck big time v a team that is actually good at keeping hold of it.
They are professional time wasters. Pointless possession squad

i

know mate, but 22% possession is an absolute joke, and at goodison too... its ridiculous.. SD is sh!tting it already - hes a dead man walking... a matter of time now... its a gut wrenching watch.. we are so placid...
Don’t get me wrong, I’d fire him out of a cannon this second if I had my way, but of the many, many, many, many reasons Everton give me to lose the head, playing low-possession football under a manager who has made a career out of playing low-possession football isn’t one of them.

For the moment we are level. When we lose, obviously I’ll be in the Dyche thread cryarsing with the best of them, but for now I’ll keep my fingers crossed he can say or do something that’ll get these players to up their game second half.

He had points in the bank and points dockedNow he has a new club record and the worst start in 80 years. Big difference!
I hope I'm wrong and someone does get rid of him but i think moshiri has zero interest in the club now, he's only getting a pittance back when he sells so it means nothing to him being at the bottom of the league.

Oh, come on. You have to let them play like that given where they have come from. They are stepping up a level.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back