• Jesper Lindstrom

• Abdoulaye Doucoure

• Iliman NDiaye

• Beto

• Ashley Young 62'

• Jack Harrison 62'

• Tim Iroegbunam 79'

Results are only viewable after voting.

I have a really bad back and the thought of the four hour drive each way is very unappealing at the moment. Got to be there though for what's possibly the last cup game at Goodison.

Think it's too good a quiz question for fate to give us another opponent at home.
5 hours each way by train for me.... got a ticket in the park stand... travelodge booked for tonight. Not been in the park stand before.

I'm disappointed to say that I don't think we should make any effort to win this game as staying in the premiership is 100% more important than winning the only domestic trophy we've never won. I had really hoped and expected that we'd have had a better start to the season but given we sit on a grand total of zero points then we need to prioritise the game against Leicester.

With that in mind (and in the absence due to lack of fitness of Branthwaite and Patterson) then I'd start O'Brien (in case we need him to start against Leicester), play Beto up front (to save DCL and to give the Beto an opportunity that unfortunately I expect him not to be able to take), I'd get Garner some minutes, so too Lindstrom , Dixon and Virginia (Pickford needs a breather). I'd start Doucoure too in order to keep him ticking over. Basically rest the first eleven.

If Southampton want it, then let their first team play against our second eleven - I still think we can win the game but but I'd rather have the three points at the weekend.

5 hours each way by train for me.... got a ticket in the park stand... travelodge booked for tonight. Not been in the park stand before.
I've got a lot easier route than you (hopefully if no delays). Hour drive to Crewe, 45mins train to lime Street. Then the same return. Only thing I'm worried about is the car park at Crewe closes 1130, train set to arrive 1120. Cutting it fine 😕

I'm disappointed to say that I don't think we should make any effort to win this game as staying in the premiership is 100% more important than winning the only domestic trophy we've never won. I had really hoped and expected that we'd have had a better start to the season but given we sit on a grand total of zero points then we need to prioritise the game against Leicester.

With that in mind (and in the absence due to lack of fitness of Branthwaite and Patterson) then I'd start O'Brien (in case we need him to start against Leicester), play Beto up front (to save DCL and to give the Beto an opportunity that unfortunately I expect him not to be able to take), I'd get Garner some minutes, so too Lindstrom , Dixon and Virginia (Pickford needs a breather). I'd start Doucoure too in order to keep him ticking over. Basically rest the first eleven.

If Southampton want it, then let their first team play against our second eleven - I still think we can win the game but but I'd rather have the three points at the weekend.
Agreed. Id give Mangala, Lindstrom games. Beto. O’Brien.

IMG_0199.webp

….i don’t think these things are ever a case of ‘either/or’.

I’d be very surprised if Dyche doesn’t pick a strong team.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back