Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else worried about Baines?

He's been back in the side since the Palace game and i'm genuinely not seeing an improvement in both performances and fitness.

He's been back in the side since the Palace game and i'm genuinely not seeing an improvement in both performances and fitness.

On the contrary I'm delighted to see him back and bringing along those balls pinged into Roms feet. Couple more games under his belt and we will be hitting defences from the left and right. Got up in support plenty of times.

On the contrary I'm delighted to see him back and bringing along those balls pinged into Roms feet. Couple more games under his belt and we will be hitting defences from the left and right. Got up in support plenty of times.

Maybe im just expecting too much too soon from a player who has been the best LB in the League for at least the last 5yrs.

A part of me does think he will improve with a proper partner in front of him, maybe Cleverley.

The team that ended the game needs to start the next few.

Thats the best we've looked as a UNIT for absolutely ages.

Besic Barry
Deulofeu Barkley Cleverley
Lukaku​
was thinking the same before. Although lennon was good today we missed the pace of geri and Besic
Seems we have a few inbred fans screaming at stones and Howard plus kone today. The players must be scared of making a mistake at goodison.
yes if kone made any mistake the crowd where on his back but if lennon did nothing got said. don't get me wrong kone is not playing well but it does not help.

All the lads in the pub, none of whom support Everton or Spurs, really enjoyed the game. In fact one or two of the lads who only support Rugby said it was the first game of football that they enjoyed.....if you looked at just gone 90 minutes, both the blues and Spurs were playing like it was the first minute......great game of football from both teams.......

Baines has no cover, support or options on the left with Kone there. His strength is inter playing with the LM and getting in behind the back and Kone is either on the right or in the middle so that option isn't there for him at the moment. His passing is great though and he offers much more than Galloway in that respect. We'd start to see the best of him again with Mirallas or even Cleverly on the left, I reckon.

Baines has no cover, support or options on the left with Kone there. His strength is inter playing with the LM and getting in behind the back and Kone is either on the right or in the middle so that option isn't there for him at the moment. His passing is great though and he offers much more than Galloway in that respect. We'd start to see the best of him again with Mirallas or even Cleverly on the left, I reckon.

Spot on mate. Kone is everywhere except where we need him to be which is giving some balance on the left. He's good enough to make even top drawer players like Baines look like a bit of a tit out there on his lonesome.

Oh well, I class today as a point gained because we are a mid table side against a side challenging for the CL spots so imo it was a good result in our search for top half of the table glory.

Roll on Wednesday ;)

It really isn't Dave. I like Martinez as well, but can't we all admit when he's done a wrong?

Starting Kone against them is a mistake (or Kone in general), having the overly defensive attitude of the first half is getting it suicidally wrong.

I admire this fight you're fighting with illogical statements (just as you did when Moyes was around, by the by, so some things never change I guess), it's extremely amusing, but let's be real for a second.

Come in DNSNO...he's been vilified for being too attack minded so he tightens up against an excellent team and you're knocking him....his tactics and starting 11 were on point today as were the subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back