Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone else notice in

We were the better team throughout the 90 imho and unlucky not to get three points on balance of play. Pundits and whatnot absolutely bumming Spurs but I actually thought they were off it yesterday. Difference was basically the quality of players. Two great finishes from Richy and that Van Der Ven defending like a maniac, without the pair I think that could have ended 3 or 4 nil to us.

Whereas there were so many basic unforced errors from our lot, misplaced 5 yard passes, baggy touches, or failure to read the game or time a run. Very frustrating to watch at times

Gana MOM, was fantastic I thought, and Garner was also excellent in there with him. Both centre halves and Godfrey were excellent, thought Young and Harrison both did well to keep the ball away from Spurs and control Werner.

Thought Pickers was very shaky, Myko a bit rusty, and McNeill bland. DCL had a stinker as well, first time I've seen him struggle so much in normal build up play for a long time
Thought pickford was ok made a very good save to keep it 2-1 but hos kicking was awful. Thought myko defended well and is harsh on dcl was holding the ball up very well during the game with no support.

I hope our silk mentioned the Wednesday case when appealing.
This is what the IC referred to with regard to their case and the inferred sporting advantage. Wednesday breached the EFL PSR by trying to claim the sale of Hillsborough happened in a different financial year! Even then, their appeal led to a reduction from 12 points deduction to 6 points.

I thought we where unlucky to be behind at half time yesterday. Caused Spurs a lot of problems. 2nd half I thought Spurs looked the better team and we weren’t quite as aggressive in the press until the substitutions were made. Draw was a good result in the end. On another note Luton are dangerous because they are playing with freedom with no pressure to stay up. We are trying to preserve our premier league status aswell and all the stuff on the field will be affecting everyone involved with the club including the players.

I thought we where unlucky to be behind at half time yesterday. Caused Spurs a lot of problems. 2nd half I thought Spurs looked the better team and we weren’t quite as aggressive in the press until the substitutions were made. Draw was a good result in the end. On another note Luton are dangerous because they are playing with freedom with no pressure to stay up. We are trying to preserve our premier league status aswell and all the stuff on the field will be affecting everyone involved with the club including the players.
Luton have had their few weeks in the sun with victories. They'll soon be losing games again. They're not going to keep it up for the rest of the season...

Feel like we missed out, terrible defensive set up on set peices by Tottenham, four defenders on the near post and the manager is moaning about the keeper having to defend the far post on his own, no way Tottenham get top 4 with defending like that.

Feel like we missed out, terrible defensive set up on set peices by Tottenham, four defenders on the near post and the manager is moaning about the keeper having to defend the far post on his own, no way Tottenham get top 4 with defending like that.
Without van de Ven you would have been well beaten mate.

Looking at that Beto penalty appeal that Oliver and VAR ruled out. His shirt is clearly pulled. It was a foul even if he went down easily. But of course we are Everton.