Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every time Brighton play I see empty seats and it annoys the hell out of me. However I am seeing it more and more at Goodison. It’s like people have paid for a season ticket but just given up going. It’s sad really.

Looking at that Beto penalty appeal that Oliver and VAR ruled out. His shirt is clearly pulled. It was a foul even if he went down easily. But of course we are Everton.
I dont think it was personally. Weve had our fair share of appeals where we should have had a pen, but I think it would be harsh to give that one. There's always a little bit of shirt tugging in the box, and Beto could have stayed on his feet but made a meal of it. Other way around we would definitely call BS on the "foul". One of our weaker appeals i think and officials got it right (VAR is still naff though and the officials and powers that be are still corrupt, just don't think this one was a poor decision)

I dont think it was personally. Weve had our fair share of appeals where we should have had a pen, but I think it would be harsh to give that one. There's always a little bit of shirt tugging in the box, and Beto could have stayed on his feet but made a meal of it. Other way around we would definitely call BS on the "foul". One of our weaker appeals i think and officials got it right (VAR is still naff though and the officials and powers that be are still corrupt, just don't think this one was a poor decision)
You are right and wrong. As it stands the unwritten rules 'say' that a foul inside the box has to be more severe than one outside. IE; you can fall over at the merest touch outside the box and a foul will be given, same for shirt pulling - but in the box you have to stay on your feet if possible and a shirt tug isn't a foul (?!). However, unwritten rules just show how weak/corrupt the powers that be are.

Spurs fan in peace. Thought you lot really had the measure of us from set pieces, Dyche correctly identified there weren't enough defenders to cover the keeper. It was clever, and we need to stop that happening to him in future.

You lot were well worth a point, if not all 3. Was an under par performance from us.

What do you reckon about Richarlison's antics? To me he seemed genuinely emotional to say goodbye to Goodison. It's been a mixed bag at Spurs but clearly his heart is still with your fans.

Couldn't believe as well how many fans were leaving the park end on 82 minutes, at that point there were 8 + 7 minutes left of the game, just support the team
Our first lot leave to prepare for a scrap after the game. They're called the Park End Pitbulls and we let them off their leash around the 82nd minute. They get into the role by snarling "crap again this Everton" and flicking the V's at the away fans as they leave.

The cowards like me stay until the end, to avoid the bloodshed going on outside. I occasionally dig a granny in her ribs whilst fighting for space on the stairs. Just to show those who stayed, I could too be a pitbull one day.

Our first lot leave to prepare for a scrap after the game. They're called the Park End Pitbulls and we let them off their leash around the 82nd minute. They get into the role by snarling "crap again this Everton" and flicking the V's at the away fans as they leave.

The cowards like me stay until the end, to avoid the bloodshed going on outside. I occasionally dig a granny in her ribs whilst fighting for space on the stairs. Just to show those who stayed, I could too be a pitbull one day.
Fair play 👍

Spurs fan in peace. Thought you lot really had the measure of us from set pieces, Dyche correctly identified there weren't enough defenders to cover the keeper. It was clever, and we need to stop that happening to him in future.

You lot were well worth a point, if not all 3. Was an under par performance from us.

What do you reckon about Richarlison's antics? To me he seemed genuinely emotional to say goodbye to Goodison. It's been a mixed bag at Spurs but clearly his heart is still with your fans.
I thought either team could have won it. I was happy with our performance because of the threadbare squad we have,made smaller with injuries, so it seemed like a win with that late goal.

You are right and wrong. As it stands the unwritten rules 'say' that a foul inside the box has to be more severe than one outside. IE; you can fall over at the merest touch outside the box and a foul will be given, same for shirt pulling - but in the box you have to stay on your feet if possible and a shirt tug isn't a foul (?!). However, unwritten rules just show how weak/corrupt the powers that be are.
Yeah, perhaps. I agree there absolutely should be clearer rules. I've seen a few mention the Luton pen. Personally haven't seen it so can't compare but if it was identical to betos, I'd probably side with the opposing team.