Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh as [Poor language removed] that. I had more fun watching my cat take a [Poor language removed] at HT. Anyone else think Stones looked like he had his mind elsewhere? Maybe I was reading too much into his performance

"Much better second half" is what Everton is all about recently though, isn't it? We always seem to start crap and then do a lot better in the second half.

FFS.

2 points dropped, it amazes me we have to play 45 mins before we even start to get going.

I'd like to think Martinez may learn for next week but I can just about guarantee Barry will be there starting once again and Lukaku will be up top on his own.

No more McCarthy and Barry. We don't need two DMs.

Much better performance 2nd half. We had enough chances to win. Questions still need to be asked about Martinez and why we started so lethargic in the 1st half.

Obviously Watford aren't that good. We were just truly awful in that first half.

Great to see Kone and Barkley score. Rom didn't look fit.

Rubbish first half, much better second half lot more quicker going forward and we put some great balls into the box, we looked a lot better when Kone came on and we had two upfront.

In general, way too much panicked passing when under pressure. Lots of opportunities to take a controlled touch and pick out a real pass rather than just either booting it away or knocking the ball speculatively upfield. More calmness in this area could have built far more attacks than we managed.

So, bummer to drop two points, and much to be disappointed about in our gameplay, but at least we didn't lose the season opener.

Meh as [Poor language removed] that. I had more fun watching my cat take a [Poor language removed] at HT. Anyone else think Stones looked like he had his mind elsewhere? Maybe I was reading too much into his performance
Maybe reading too much into it, but he was a little 'off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back