Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How refreshing to watch a game at Goodison with a well organised team who close down well and attack on the break quickly and look dangerous every time they go forward.

Shame that side are wearing yellow.
Doing the exact opposite to us. We are rubbish at closing down in fact we encourage the other team on the ball. The amount of time and space allowed obviously means we will concede. They are not allowing any time or space for us and are doing an excellent job. Lukaku has always got someone up his backside whereas we criminally let there striker(s) to pull off our defender and even allow time for them to turn. Until we change our narrow defending we will always be under threat on almost every attack. Our midfield has some talent in it but they are all too thick to make space for a pass or dally too long on the ball. Our off ball football is killing us and our on the ball football is pedestrian.

I want to get on Lukaku's back for being useless this half but I don't think that's fair.

He's playing with no support & no creativity behind him in a system that doesn't play to his strengths...

Galloway next to him, Lukaku in front of him - Barks just taps the ball twice, slows everything down, then loses it.

This happens SO often. I really want him to succeed, but his decision making is abysmal a lot of the times.
He's bang average, at best.

Really, when was the last time he did anything? Wasn't it Newcastle away two years ago? What's he done since then? Or we still using injuries as an excuse?

It's a bugbear of mine that folk seaparate league goals from other competitions, mate, that's all.

We may as well not bother playing him in the League or FA Cup if his goals only count in the league.

Not being sarcastic, just saying that stats can be "lies, damn lies and statistics" to be tailored depending on someone's point.

Lukaku's first touch and game reading could be better I agree, but I rate him.
Like I say mate I respect you have your own opinion, I lost all care for him when he allowed his agent to say what he said, so until we flog him he is nothing more than a hired hand and for me he is, in a world where most play 1 up top, criminally overrated.

Well 45 mins to save our season, lose this Soton Spurs away on City at home, all before our 3 magical signing's come in. If this wasn't so predictable i'd laugh, how can the players look so devoid of confidence in the first game of season.

COYB give us 3 points

Barry played well and has done for a while now. Don't be a ted.

The teamsheet wasn't bad, the problem is the tactics. Same old tippy tappy dross.
What Domingo said was ridiculous but not the part about Barry. I honestly have no faith in anyone's judgement that thought Barry played well that half. He literally had at least five times where he without looking just smashed the ball forward and every time we lost the ball. He badly needs replacing and I really wish Besic had the head to play 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back