Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff We’re looking so much better than we did a few weeks ago. Exciting to watch and able to pose a threat against most teams I reckon. Still room for improvements, but considering 3 of that team have only had 2 games here, it was very impressive. It’s great to be sat on top, even if it doesn’t last a day! Genuinely optimistic about what we might achieve this season, or next. Carlo is the man. COYB!

We're not great lad, DCL got the ugliest hattrick of all time, Keane got a tap in from woefully inept defending and James had a hit and hope shot go in. Lucky to win today we must improve we let in 2 so poor defensively along with riding our luck.
Not sure if you're actually being serious or taking the piss.

James passed the ball into the back of the net as he has done so many times over his career. It was as far from being hit and hope as you can possibly get.

DCLs second goal was as good a build up as you are likely to see in the premier league this weekend, and his first was great improvisation that was wrongly called for offside initially.

It wasn't a complete performance as we were defensively poor at times, but take nothing away from their 2 very well taken individual goals. And we were not lucky to win. Not at all.

We're not great lad, DCL got the ugliest hattrick of all time, Keane got a tap in from woefully inept defending and James had a hit and hope shot go in. Lucky to win today we must improve we let in 2 so poor defensively along with riding our luck.

The last time I heard somebody claiming a team scoring 5 was lucky was my Geordie mate when they got humped by united about 20 years ago

Not sure if you're actually being serious or taking the piss.

James passed the ball into the back of the net as he has done so many times over his career. It was as far from being hit and hope as you can possibly get.

DCLs second goal was as good a build up as you are likely to see in the premier league this weekend, and his first was great improvisation that was wrongly called for offside initially.

It wasn't a complete performance as we were defensively poor at times, but take nothing away from their 2 very well taken individual goals. And we were not lucky to win. Not at all.
I wasn't being 1 bit serious..

I mean it's fair to say we are an injury or two away from a big drop off in quality but you could say that for most of the teams in the league. We've had too many false dawns at this club so I'd prefer us to fly under the radar and let the pundits wank over their beloved top six.
Yeh but she obviously knows little about the depth of our squad this season and the fact Richarlison is playing on the left and can operate in the centre, but I do agree I’d rather the ‘pundits’ talk about that so called big 6 and not go crazy over us after a few wins and raise our expectations

Suprised you didn't see Alan Ball play mate. I'm 59 and remember seeeing him play. Wonderful player best I've seen in a blue shirt ......but if Hamez keeps playing like this .....
Not really mate. I lived in Speke and grew up in a household full of reds. It was mid 70s before I was allowed to go to the game under my own steam and Bally had well left by then. The only live game in those days was the FA Cup final so I only ever got to see bits and pieces, which isn't the same as you know.

For god
Guys... we upgraded from Steven Naismith to James Rodriguez.
Karen Carney was a very good skilful player but bloody hell she's all over the place there with her assessment. Stating she expected us to pick up the points in our first two games, but we'll really need to take points off the top-end teams? I can only assume she doesn't rate Spurs very much. I'm with her on the top eight finish (at best) though.
The last time I heard somebody claiming a team scoring 5 was lucky was my Geordie mate when they got humped by united about 20 years ago
Geordies are up there with Liverpool fans for full on delusional freaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back