Everton V West Ham FA Cup 6/01/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better football than we have been playing. We will need McCarthy and stones there but the booing is ridiculous.

If the booing forces the issue, gets the players pressing higher and playing in Lukaku earlier, then I want the crowd to boo for 90 minutes to be honest.

Rom and Barkley having a chat at the half way line, interesting to know what they were saying, Ross hasn't really been on the left wing, not sure if that's a formation change or he's just decided to do his own thing.

Oh my stars, our defence...
dont play well. Team cut in two. West ham have all the place they want . Lucky Everton West ham didnt have a very good first half. Our center halfs are a joke but they arent help by our midfield. oviedo bad defending.

Plenty of pluses to take from that, Barkley Lukaku and Besic played well, and we actually look like a threat going forward.

However, our defending is shocking, as is our ability to put pressure on our own defense from our own corners.

Barry was better even if he still looks like a subbuteo player, fancy us to nick this 1-0

I don't understand the problem people have with Distin? he's been solid for me, also carrying Jagielka today while he has a mare.

Oviedo and Rom looking tidy, still not sure about Besic.

...and for the love of god Robles, play it out whenever you can, launching it gets us nowhere, I'd rather keep the ball.

Well, the 'titting' still hasn't been reduced enough for my liking, but we've been quicker and more urgent and also more direct in both terms of runs made and passes. Much much improved. For the 3 or so largish mistakes Jagielka has thrown in, Distin has hardly put a foot wrong (such what I have seen*)
You've seen correctly.

There's too big a gap in midfield between Besic and Barry at the back and Naismith. I'd put Garbutt on, move Oviedo up to left midfield, take Barry off and put Barkley in the middle with Besic, one defending, one attacking.

Midfield is being dominated but we seem to be getting the ball in the box quicker from wide positions at least that is a positive. Defence is shakey as hell. Giving them too much width by defending narrow. Can't call this game but if Barkley is stuck in the middle then we have a better chance me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back