Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As things stand we're only 6 points behind citteh.

This is both encouraging and very very depressing at the same time.
So, just 2 points behind Spurs in 7th and 4 points behind 6th. It makes you cry when you think about how we’ve thrown away the previous games......
90% of the forum wanted Walcott shunted out for nowt in jan and said hes one of our worst signings , but are now voting for him to be man of the match ..

fickle

as

hell

lol lol lol
This is a rare season with how poor the top have been so far. Its so sad to think that in our 4 game losing streak, just 1 win and 1 draw in those would put us 1 point behind a CL spot.
The glass half full version is that despite our shocking start to the season we are only 2 points away from a possible Euro place... If this is the start of us turning it around then it's all still to play for.

Enjoyed today, the intensity was what it should be all along. Yes West Ham were giraffe vomit, you can only beat what’s in front of you tho and I couldn’t be doing with another miserable match day result and the sacking talk intensifying.

The twitter mob are getting carried away as always and that’s fine, consistency is key , let’s build on this and hopefully go into January with a settled side playing well and a couple additions particularly centre back cover.

Refreshing to see Davies and Walcott picking up fair accolades in the polling. I voted Bernard but I could've voted for any number of players and still slept the sleep of the innocent tonight. Great team performance.

I was told ref blew whistle before Mina's header went in, hence not a VAR issue. But whatever the whistle was for was not for a foul that interfered with play in my opinion and I saw the ref ignore numerous niggling fouls off the ball by West ham on Everton forwards throughout the match - and I think VAR would have confirmed Mina's header should have been a goal. Also VAR, if it had been used, would have confirmed the corner West Ham were given was false: Sidibe was fouled and it should have been an Everton free-kick... thankfully Pickford stopped the shot that came from that false corner. Ref had a 'mare but overall the win was justified thanks to the team's 90 minute commitment and concentration.
Didn't they go back in play like abar half an hour to give the RS a goal last week, or disallow one against them, can't remember which way around it was.
But whatever, they went back in play a good while to give an offside, in their advantage.

Has to be Gomes.

Reminiscent of Martin Dobbo at his best :)

Special mention for Iwobi and Sidibe...lceland and Seamus will have to look to their laurels.
He always reminds me of Dobson Khal, (one of the coolest, most graceful players I have seen in blue) but for one major difference, Dobbo wasn’t as dirty as our handsome lad!

A very very good performance from start to finish. How bad are West Ham!!
Team selection was spot on, was enjoyable to watch the attacking link up, thought 2-0 was unjust really, that was more a 4 or 5-0 game.
Now how unlucky is this! I did Mina to score anytime 10/1. Two goals disallowed and two headers saved. No idea why either were ruled out
Now need to back this performance up at Brighton and in the cup

Having seen that goal a few times now the only reason I can think of is that the corner kick went out and came back in again but they never said anything about it on bt sport. The ref was an absolute joke all game though.
No way the ref spotted the ball going out of play from a corner, impossible angle to make that call as quickly as he did, he should called VAR to check out whatever he thought he saw. From the replays I've seen there was nothing wrong, BT suggested Gomes was at fault for blocking a player but if that's the case there'd never be a goal scored from a corner.

No way the ref spotted the ball going out of play from a corner, impossible angle to make that call as quickly as he did, he should called VAR to check out whatever he thought he saw. From the replays I've seen there was nothing wrong, BT suggested Gomes was at fault for blocking a player but if that's the case there'd never be a goal scored from a corner.
But the linesman would of or should of. I couldn't see. But whatever it was a terrible decision as was his decision to give them a corner when their player should have been booked for poleaxing Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back