Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for Gray as man of the match, it could have been Keane or Townsend, but, I think Gray has that bit of magic in his boots. Today wasn’t his best game, but you could say that about all of them. He did, however, look to be our biggest threat.

What happened is that he is 32 and hasn’t played top class football for 2 years, he is still over weight and can no longer run or jump. It’s actually embarrassing watching him trying to run around in his yellow deep sea diver’s boots.
Really embarrassing, even at 32, you cant be that unfit, or don't sign up for a team. He jogs even when he is in the final 3rd. What a dosser. Needs a big kick up his..a

Not a very good performance, thought it was poor game management in making changes/playing Iwobi a fella who constantly flatters to deceive, if no young player can displace a 34 y/o forward that can't run, head, pass or control a ball then what are they doing here? MOTM is difficult as there wasn't really any standout performances, went with Coleman in the end

Precisely, the team is piss poor, and so is the bench. Could well finish outside of top 10. Need better partner for douc, centre backs baring mina are not confident enough, no proper rb, digne lacks confidence as well. I feel the team needs, another striker, 2 mfs, a rb, a lb, cb and better academy development to fill in for any injury on wingers, strikers etc. I think it will take another 2-3 years for a proper team. The only players deserved to stay in the team are townsend, mina, douc, Pickford, probably gray. Gray is good in flashes, need more involvement from him I feel at times.
You think that will happen with the current setup? I mean they have spent huge sums of money, bought masses of failed players, yet the supposed guy who controls that is still here and got a promotion. I think we have a bunch of amateurs running the show, so not sure it is going to happen.

Similar to last season. Carried on the good away form but insipid at home, barring the comebacks against Burnley and Southampton with the benefit of a full Goodison.

Iwobi and Rondon are shocking back ups to DCL and Richarlison.

37% possession, at home, to a team we should be targeting to finish ahead of. I get we are now a counter attacking team, but what else is going to happen when we sit deep and give them 9 corners? It's embarrassing. And rondon is a joke. Be better starting Gordon as a striker. At least he will get about and he won't just be a passenger.

Once I saw Godfrey was playing I did worry about us in the air against these and so it proved. Take Antonio and Bowen out of their team and put DCL and Richarlison into ours and it might be a different story.

Much what I thought, up against a team that has established identify. Our injury hit first team will be peddled, the grand sum of two but that's football, however, we will happily take points off injury hit opponents and bask in our brilliance, not an excuse for me. Players out thought and manager out witted. Who did actually play well for us...

I think Everton and West Ham are well matched man for man. Difference today they had their best side out, we didn't.

Poor performance today and I would have accepted a 0-1 after 15 minutes. However we held on for an hour and in the second half were looking more likely to score until they snatched it. I went for Seamus as MoM because, as practically an OAP, he was running around like a teenager at times and was at the forefront in most of our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.